Thirty

"Cause I'm waiting on you to come around"

Riverdale-S2E17

Sweet pea stopped in front of the water and just stood there, not saying a word

Sweet pea stopped in front of the water and just stood there, not saying a word. I wasn't sure how I was going to mend what's been broken between us but I know I have to try.

I take a step toward him, "Look, I know you're a good person, I've seen it, I've felt the warmth of the love you have for your friends just radiate off of you. I still don't agree with what you did and I still think it's wrong but it's not my life, I can't tell you how to live or who you should be. All I can do is hope that the good in you will continue to out weigh the bad stuff that you've done."

Sweet pea finally turns around, "I just want to protect my family."

I decide to be bold and take another step toward him, So we're now about a foot and a half away from each other.

I take a deep breath, "You said that the bad things you've done are something that you'll have to live with. But it's not just you who will have to live with it, what about your friends who will have to watch you drown yourself in the guilt of the things that you've done? How are we suppose to stand by and let you destroy yourself? I don't want to watch someone I care about go so far down the rabbit hole that they won't be able to crawl back out."

"I guess I never really thought about it like that." He says looking at me with scrunched brows.

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad about wanting to be there for your loved ones, I just want you to think your actions over and remember that the burden of your consequences won't just fall on to you."

He nods, "Now I understand why you were so upset about what I did."

I look to the ground, "I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I also may have overreacted a tad, but I'm glad we were able to kind of clear the air a bit."

"Thank you, for the apology. You know, I'm really grateful to have someone like you in my life." He says smiling slightly.

"So where do we go from here?" I ask, smiling back at him.

"I think we should just take it day by day, see what happens." He says

I nod, "That sounds like a good idea."

I look down at my phone and realize it's getting late. "I should go home now, I have to make dinner and Logan is probably wondering where I am."

"I'll walk you."

***

It's the next day and the school is holding a student debate in the gym. I'm sitting beside Logan in the row above Sweet pea and Fangs.

Sweet pea suddenly stands up, "Yeah, no offence to the uh current administration but it doesn't feel like anyones looking out for the students who are being bussed in from the southside. Is that gonna change?"

I smile, feeling proud that he's speaking up for himself and the other southside kids.

"Hey so I never got to ask how your talk with Sweet pea went, did you guys make up?" Logan quietly asks me.

I look at Logan and whisper, "Yeah I think so, we decided to just kind of take it day by day."

He nods, "Finally, it was exhausting watching the two of you ignore each other only to steal glances when the other wasn't looking."

"Wha-" I go to ask him to elaborate further but everyone starts getting up and leaving. That didn't last very long.

I turn to look back at Logan but he's already gone, instead I see Sweet pea standing in front of me. I stand up and we walk silently to class.

***

A couple hours later and I'm sitting in a classroom on the desk beside Sweet pea while Jughead and the serpents talk about Jughead joining the election.

"You promised us a war, then your on stage looking like Buddy holly sucking up to the northside." Sweet peas loud voice booms throughout the room.

Jughead sighs, "We need those votes Sweet pea, it's the only way that we can effect any change. Who evers elected gets a seat on the school board. That means we're on the inside, that means that they can't silence us."

Fangs suddenly jumps in, "You and the Northside princess you mean?"

Everybody turns to look at Betty whos sitting behind Sweet pea.

"Wait is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side." Jughead says

Betty pipes up, "Yeah, I've helped the serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find the Picons statues head, I got Cheryl to testify in court so Fp, your king, could get early parole."

"You did all that for your boyfriend. Not the serpents." Sweet pea interrupts

"Alright, take it down Sweet pea"

"What? it's only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother."

"Okay so you're objections aren't even about me, they're about my mom." Betty says

I get up and stand beside Sweet pea as he turns to Betty. "Her legacy, yeah. She's an enemy of the seprents state." He turns to look back at Jughead, "Taking shots at us in the register for years, blaming us for crimes we didn't commit. Running with the turn coats daughter, is a slap in the face. For that reason alone, you're not getting the serpent vote."

Everyone stays silent so I grab Sweet peas hand and lead him out of the room.

"Wanna go pick up some food and bring it back to my place? I'm sure Happy would love the chance to lick a cute face like yours." I ask, letting go of his hand.

"Yeah. Wait, did you just call me cute?" He asks

My cheeks flush in embarrassment but I look up at him and give him a sheepish smile anyways.

A/N

Not gonna lie I didn't know how to end this one. But I'm back! Sorry it took forever, we just switched over to a better internet company so I can finally start updating again. Hopefully i'll be able to update a little more regularly.

Honestly I was so stressed while writing this though, because when I write I need complete silence but my moms fiancé is gaming so all I can hear even from my room was him talk loud to his gamer friends and it was getting my blood pressure high as shit. But I powered through and finally got it done, so yay me.

Hope you all have a nice night/day!

Don't forget to vote & comment! I love hearing from you guys:)

i don't own the gif or picture above.