Six

"I don't have it in me to deny it"

I had fully planned on sleeping in today, that is until my brother threw my hairbrush at me telling me to get ready because the whole family is going out for breakfast

I had fully planned on sleeping in today, that is until my brother threw my hairbrush at me telling me to get ready because the whole family is going out for breakfast. I just put on the first things my tired eyes saw.

Tiredly walking down the stairs the first thing I see is my parents bright smiles and the annoyance on my brothers face from having to get up so early.

"Why're we going out for breakfast? and why so early? it's like 8am." I ask while putting my shoes on

"Because it's my only day off this weekend and I want to spend it with my family." my mother answers before opening the door and heading to the car, the rest of us following behind her.

It was no surprise we ended up going to pops, it's the only place around that would be open this early, not like there's anywhere else to eat around here anyways.

There wasn't anyone else here other than us and the workers, which Is a good thing for me because i look like I came straight out of the walking dead. I should probably talk to pop about picking a few shifts, it's been a while since I've worked.

"Welcome to pops what can I get for you?" the waitress Sally asks looking at me first

After taking our order it took about 20 minutes for her to come back with our food. I gave her a small thank you before digging into my food. I ordered my usual breakfast at pops which is his infamous waffles and a side of bacon.

Since we were to bust eating we didn't get to talk much, but when we did it was about little things like school and my non existent love life, you would think my parents would be against me dating but they're always telling me that I need to get out and meet someone, my mom says it's cause she wants grandbabies and my dad says it's cause he want's a reason to whip out his old shotgun.

I heard some other people arrive as we left but didn't pay any attention to them. I just wanted to go home and take a nap.

"Callie!" i hear someone call my name, turning around I notice it was Quinn, who is accompanied by sweet pea, fangs and a pink haired girl.

I smile and wave as they make their was over to us, it feels like it's been forever since I last saw Quinn.

Looking over to Logan and our parents I notice the curious looks on their faces.

"Guys this is Quinn, Fangs and Sweet pea." I gesture to three of the four serpents, considering I don't know the other girl. I Can't help but notice Logan admiring Quinn, it makes sense, I mean she's beautiful.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." my mom says to them before turning to look at me.

"your father and I will just wait in the car while you talk to your friends." she says to me before grabbing my dads hand and all but dragging him back to the car, most likely to spy on us like a couple of little kids.