Thirteen

"While all my friends are falling in love"

We were only able to get three episodes in before the cloned phone started ringing

"What do we do!?" I whispered to Logan. I was sort of panicking and hadn't actually thought about what to do when the time came to eavesdrop on Richies conversation.

Logan looked at me like I was stupid. "Hit the button and listen in dumbass."

I take a deep breath before hitting the accept button. I hear an unfamiliar voice, I assume it belongs to Tim, the guy Richie was talking to earlier. Tim sounds panicked as he tells Richie that he's almost in Riverdale and how he needed to get out of town as he was fearing the cops were on to him and couldn't handle the pressure.

I hear Richie take a deep breath before responding. "Text me when your here and I'll tell you where we can meet up."  he ends the call, not giving Tim any time to respond.

I put the phone down and turn to Logan, "Call Quinn and tell her to meet us at pops asap, and to bring Sweet pea with her."

"Why? what's going on?" Logan asks

"I'll explain on the way." I push him out my door and then quickly change into something more suitable for what we're about to do.

***

"So we're just suppose to wait until this Tim guy texts your brother and then spy on them from the shadows like a couple of stalkers?" Quinn asks from across the booth.

I nod my head. "Pretty much."

"Awesome." she says back sarcastically.

Looking out the window I notice the sun is starting to set. The darkness will give us great cover for our mission. Mission? geez I sound like I'm a spy in some kind of cheesy action movie.

We sat for what felt like an hour but was only twenty minutes before the cloned phone dinged signaling Richie had gotten a message.

"They're meeting up at the park in Ten minutes, we need to get over there now."

I threw down some money and followed my friends out the door.

By the time we got to the park the sun had completely set, the only source of light being the dim glow of the street lamps.

I turn and look at my friends, "Richie told Tim to meet him beside the bathrooms. There's a small area of just trees not to far away from there, we'll be able to see them perfectly without being seen ourselves."

We get to our hiding spot just as Richie approaches a man who I assume to be Tim. I take out my phone and start to video record their conversation, I wasn't going to be like the idiots in the books and movies who spy on someone to get evidence on the person only to make the mistake of not getting proof.

They were standing under a light so you could see their faces pretty clearly, which was great for us but not so great for them. They were talking quietly for about a minute before Tims voice rose to a loud whisper, "We killed someone Richie!" Tims voice calmed down as he continued, "We have to come clean, maybe...maybe we'll get some kind of deal."

Richie shook his head, "You always were weak Tim. I'm sorry it had to be this way." Richie says as he takes something out of his pocket and then repeatedly plunges it into Tims stomach.

I let out a small gasp and cover my mouth with my hand, he just stabbed Tim. He killed him and then walked away like it was nothing. I knew he was a little off but this is just utter insanity.

I turn to the others and notice they're in just as much shock as I am. "We...we need to go. We need to go to the cops or our parents or-or both." My voice is shaky as I say this.

All they do is nod their heads and start walking back to the main road, with me quickly following behind them.

"You guys should go home, we'll handle it from here." I say to Quinn and Sweet pea.

Obviously still shocked by what we all just witnessed, they don't bother saying anything and just walk away from us. I turn to Logan, "Do we go to the cops or our parents first?"

"We-We've been sleeping in the same house as a monster."

I need to get him to focus.  "Logan, Logan look at me. I know you probably want to start freaking out but you can't, alright? he could be headed home right now, and if he is then that means our parents could be in danger. So you need to snap the hell out of it and get your ass in gear."

Snapping out of it he took my hand and we started running in the direction of our house, hoping that we made it there before Richie did.

***

Fate must be on our side because when we arrived he hadn't shown up yet. We explained everything to our parents, they didn't believe us at first but they did once I showed them the video.

My dad was holding our mom as she silently cried. "Where did we go wrong? How-how could we have been so blind?"

"Mom, you can't blame yourself." Logan went and sat beside her and pulled her into a hug. I went and picked up the house phone off the table and called the police, letting them know everything that happened and told them to get here as fast as they can.

I was about to go and sit beside Logan to join the group hug, when I heard the sound of a guns safety being switched off.

"Did you really think I wouldn't figure it out?"

A/N

I was bored and decided to upload another chapter. Only one more original chapter to go before I get into season 2!

Hope you like this chapter, I've never written a murder scene before so lets pretend like that part didn't suck.

Have a nice night/day!:)

Don't forget to vote and comment!:)

I don't own the picture or gif above.