Nine

"All my friends are falling in love"

When I woke up this morning my brother was gone, he left a note saying he would be back later and to call if i needed anything

I couldn't handle being alone today, so I decided to text Quinn, Fangs and Sweet pea to ask them to lunch as a thank you for yesterday. Quinn and Fangs both texted back right away saying they wanted to but were both working today. Sweet pea replied telling me he'd meet me there in about an hour.

I decided to take a shower before meeting up with him. Walking into the bathroom i looked in the mirror, the dark circles under my eyes were even more prominent than usual and my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying.

After my shower I decided to put on whatever I grabbed out of my drawers first. Luckily for me most of my clothes are on the comfier side, so whatever I grabbed won't make me uncomfortable.

***

I didn't live far from pops and could easily walk there in a few minutes, but chose to call a cab instead. I don't think I'll be ready to walk alone again for a while, even if it's on the northside.

After paying the driver I decided to wait outside until sweet pea showed up. About five minutes later i saw him walking up to where I was standing.

He was the first one to say something. "hey."

"Hi." for some reason I was extremely nervous and couldn't stop playing with my hands.

"I guess we should go inside." I say after a moment of awkward silence.

All he does is nod his head before heading towards the doors. Once we enter I say hello to pop and then we find a booth by the window and sit across from each other.

We sat in silence until the waitress came to take our orders, I ordered fries with gravy on the side and he ordered a burger and fries, we both got lemonade to drink.

Sweet pea was the first to break the silence. "You know you didn't have to do this right?"

"Yeah I did. You guys saved my life, lunch is the least I could do." I don't even want to think about what would have happened if they didn't show up.

He took a deep breath before asking me "I know you probably don't wanna talk about it but are you gonna be okay?"

I look down at my hands and then back up at him "Only time will tell."

"Look I'm kinda bad at this whole comforting thing but if you ever wanna rant or yell at someone then I'm always around."

I give him a small smile "Thanks." Just as I finish saying that, the waitress appears with our food.

For the remainder of our lunch we talked about random things, one of them being our favourite tv shows.

"I can't beileve you've never seen Teen wolf." I say in disbelief

He shrugs his shoulders "It sounds dumb."

"okay that's it, i'm forcing you to binge watch the entire series with me one day and don't even think about saying no because it's happening." I say

He just shakes his head and laughs.

"So the loser has downgraded to southside scum." looking over I see Zoey, just when I thought I would never see her again she shows up like a moth to a flame.

Sweet pea looked like he was going to say something back but I beat him to it. "He's not scum, he's a better person than you could ever dream of being." Scoffing I keep going, " and you know what, I'm actually glad you turned out to be such a conniving back stabbing bitch, because if you hadn't then I may not have found such amazing people that I am proud to call my friends." Not givng her the chance to reply, I quickly drop money on the table, grab sweet peas hand and drag him out of the diner.

Once we're outside I let go of sweet peas hand. We walk in silence for a few minutes before I slow down and stop.

I turn to sweet pea and run my fingers through my hair. "You didn't deserve that."

"Northsiders are always looking down on Southsiders, it pisses me off that they'll never change but the only thing I can do about it is defend myself."

I shake my head "Northsiders are dicks."

He raises an eyebrow "You are a Northsider."

I decide to change the subject "Lets go explore." I say before walking into the woods besides us.

"Now i know why you're always getting lost." I hear him mumble behind me.

We we're walking down a path when I heard the sound of rushing water. Following the sound we end up in front of this beautiful pool of water surrounded by rocks.

Looking over to sweet pea I notice even he's in awe of what we found.

"This would be the perfect place to come when you need to be alone or to relax." I say not being able to keep the smile off my face.

"Yeah" He breathes out, even he's got a small smile on his face.

I look up at him "Can this be our secret place? I don't wanna share it with anyone but the person I found it with."

He looks over at me "I won't tell anyone if you won't."

I hold out my hand and stick out my pinky "Pinky promise?"

He rolls his eyes but stuck out his pinky anyways "Pinky promise."

Taking out my phone I notice it's getting late. "I should probably head home now."

"I'll walk you." he says before turning around and walking back the way we came.

When we arrived at my house my mom was just getting out of her car. When she saw Sweet pea beside me she started smiling with her I have an idea that's gonna ruin your life smile.

"What'd the two of you get up to today?" she asked us

"We had lunch at pops and went for a walk." I answer quickly hoping she'll just let whatever crazy idea she has in her head go.

"Well I bet that was fun." She looked over at Sweet pea "Why don't you stay for dinner." She never was one for subtlety.

"Oh I wouldn't wanna intrude." he says awkwardly

"It's not intruding if I ask you, now come on lets go inside, you kids can help prepare." and with that she's walking inside the house.

Sweet pea and I look at each other before following her inside.

We're screwed.

A/N

Hopefully you all liked this chapter, If there's any mistakes let me know and I'll fix them.

Don't forget to vote and comment!:)

Have a lovely day/night(: