Five

"Don't know how to get you out of my head"

Today is a new day, honestly I'm still kind of reeling from everything that happened yesterday and am in desperate need of a distraction

I make my way down stairs hoping to talk to my mom before she leaves for work. Walking in to the kitchen I notice she's still sitting at the table drinking her coffee, while dad is buttering his toast.

"So She's alive" I hear my dad say as I sit down at the table beside my mom.

"You're usually up before this on the weekends. Rough night?" My mom asks before taking a sip of her coffee.

"More like rough day, turns out Zoey was only using me to get to Logan." I answer back grouchily, like I said, I'm still reeling from yesterdays events.

"That's horrible" My mom says

"well I never really liked her anyways." my dad pipes up a few seconds later while taking a seat beside me.

It was no secret that he disliked her, he would always complain every time either me or my brother would say she's coming over.

"I should scold you for talking about someone behind their back but in all honesty I always found her a bit of a bitch as well." my mom says back

Now that's surprising, she was always so nice to Zoey, I guess she just didn't want to upset either me or Logan,

"Are you and your brother okay? I know this must be hard for the both of you." mom asks with a kind yet sad smile on her face

"I can't speak for Logan but I'm okay, a little upset, a lot angry but I'm good." I answer back

"Alright well we can talk about this more when I get home from work if you'd like, but right now I have to go before I'm late." mom says before giving my dad a goodbye kiss and a quick I love you both before rushing out the door.

"Why don't we hangout today? a little father daughter time will do us some good. Besides I'm pretty sure Logan will be sleeping all day so that gives us plenty of time to do something." dad asks

Maybe spending some time with my dad will be good for me, it's been way to long since we spent the day together.

"Yeah sure, i'll go get dressed and we can go to the park or something." I answer back becoming happy that I'll be spending the day with him.

***

After I had gotten dressed we decided to walk to the park considering it was only about 5 mins away. We brought our baseball gloves and a ball to throw around while we're there, like we use to when I was younger.

We threw the ball around for about an hour all the while talking about anything and everything. He asked about school and my job, and then we nearly adopted a cat before deciding that my mom probably wouldn't appreciate us bringing home an animal without her permission.

Some how the topic of relationships came up and I wasn't sure if I should tell him about my tiny little crush on sweet pea. Not like the crush will last anyways, so I decided to evade the question with another question.

"Your anniversary is coming up, what're you gonna do for her this year?" Every year they switch up on who will decide what to do for their date, last year mom planned it and the year before that dad planned it, so now it's back to his turn.

"Don't tell her but I'm going to re create our first date, from the strung up lights in the back yard to the very meal we had, and we'll end the night dancing to our song. It's going to be perfect." I really hope that someday someone will love me as much as he loves her.

"I mean you've been together since you guys were 17 so she'll love anything you do for her as long as you put all your love into it." hard to believe they've been together for 25 years.

"You know when we first met she wouldn't give me the time of day, and then one day she fell for me. No seriously, she tripped over some kids bag and fell right into me." dad says with the widest smile on his face

"Lets head home now, I'm sure your brother is wondering where we are." dad says to me

"He's probably still sleeping." I said chuckling

"Probably."

***

Arriving back at the house a few minutes later I go upstairs to tell Logan to help clean the house with me while dad prepares dinner so mom doesn't have to do anything when she gets home. We decided to make chicken for dinner tonight, mainly because it's quick but still delicious.

After we finished cleaning we went into the kitchen to help dad with dinner, it didn't take long to cook so by the time we finished putting everything on the dining room table mom was walking through the door.

"Did you guys clean the house and make dinner?" mom asks surprised

"Yeah, we didn't have anything else to do." Logan answers back before I can say anything

"And here I was thinking it was because you loved me." She says while smacking him on the arm before walking up stairs to change.

We finished dinner pretty quickly and then decided to play the board game apples to apples, it's not often that we get to sit around and have some quality family time so we grasp at every chance we can to do something like this.

We're not a perfect family but I couldn't have gotten a better one.

A/N

So the chapter wasn't long or exciting but I wanted to bring her parents into the story a little bit and let you get a feel of what her relationship with them is like. I'm hoping to get into the type of people her parents are in a later chapter.

Hope you enjoyed it either way! Don't forget to vote and comment! :)

I don't own the gifs or pictures above.