Nineteen

"All my friends are falling in love"

Riverdale- S2E6

"So you're telling me, while I was babysitting my neighbor, Jughead was joining the serpents?" I ask Sweet pea over the phone

I was sitting in the school hallway studying when I got a call from Sweet pea, who wanted to fill me in on yesterdays events.

"Yeah, I was shocked at first but got over it as soon as I realized I was gonna get the chance to watch him squirm for the next couple of days." He says

I roll my eyes, and was about to reply but was cut off by Sweet pea yelling "What the hell!" followed by a bunch of screams and slams in the background.

"Sweet pea? What the hell is going on?" I hurriedly ask him as I get up and rush down the hallway and out the school doors.

The phone cuts out and I start running to southside high. I got there a few minutes later, just as a bunch of cop cars were leaving, with looked to be a bunch of students In the back of them.

I call Quinn who took the day off to work, to see if she knows what's going on.

"Quinn a bunch of cop cars just left Southside high with a lot of students in them." I tell her as soon as she picks up.

"I know, Jughead just called me. Meet us at pops." She says before hanging up.

***

I walk into pops and see Quinn sitting across from Archie and Jughead standing beside her, freaking out about the raid.

"Serpents don't deal that stuff." Jughead says to Archie in a frenzy. "The Ghoulies do."

I squeeze by Jughead and sit beside Quinn, who had her elbows on the table and her head in her hands, looking extremely worried for her friends.

"So tell mayor McCoy that." Archie responds

Jughead scoffs before replying, "Oh mayor McCoy." He sits on the table beside our booth. "The mayor McCoy that just arrested all my friends for no reason. What do you care anyway man? Thought you and Betty didn't want anything to do with me?" He asks.

I tune them out after that and turn to Quinn. "We both know they didn't do anything wrong, they'll be fine as long as they keep their heads down and don't start any trouble." I whisper to her.

She turns to me and nods, "I know, I'm not worried about the others. I'm worried about Sweet pea, you know how his temper gets." She says

I sigh, "He'll be fine. I'm sure Fangs and the others will keep him under control." I say

I turn back to the boys when I hear Jughead say he has to go, then beckons Quinn to go with him. I get out of the booth to let Quinn by, telling her to call me if anything changes.

I look at Archie for a moment before scurrying out of pops and going home.

***

I spent the rest of the day and night watching Netflix and worrying about Sweet pea and the others.

I got up the next day to a text from Quinn saying the serpents were getting out and to meet her at the station in the ten minutes. She sent the text eight minutes ago.

Deciding that I only had enough time to brush my teeth and hair I didn't bother changing and ran all the way to the police station in my cat pajamas.

I got there in record time and immediately started searching for Sweet pea. As soon as I saw him I started running towards him and leaped into his arms, wrapping mine around his neck and my legs around his waist.

We stayed like that for a moment before he let me down. "I was so worried about you." I say to him.

"I can tell. Cute pajamas by the way." He says smirking and looking at my pajamas.

I blush and cross my arms, "I didn't have time to change." I mumble back.

"If you two lovebirds are done flirting, Jughead called, said to meet him on the road that connects to the bridge in an hour." Toni interrupts

"Did he say what for?" Sweet pea asks

"Something about a race." She replies before turning and leaving.

Sweet pea and I leave after that, we go to him place to get his bike and then he takes me home so I can change before meeting up with the others.

I walk outside and head towards Sweet pea, who was standing beside his bike. "Do I look okay?" I ask him

His head turns towards me and his mouth parts slightly. "Uh, yeah. You look, yeah." He says in a daze.

I clear my throat, "I guess we should go now. Don't wanna miss the race." I say

He seems to snap out of it when I say that and nods before helping me get on his bike.

***

We were leaning on his bike talking and waiting for the race to start when who I assume to be Tall boy starts talking.

"Alright! Let's do this!" He yells

Everyone starts cheering in response. A few moments later Archie and Jughead get into the car and start it up.

I turn to Sweet pea, "I'm so excited!" I yell over the cheering.

"What you've never been to a race before?" He yells back.

I shrug my shoulders, "Never had a reason to." I yell.

All he does is smile and laugh then turns back to the race that's about to start.

We watch as the cars take off and are soon out of sight.

It was barely a few minutes later when some guy runs up and starts yelling, "Everyone scatter! The cops are rounding up ghoulies!"

Sweet pea and I don't hesitate to get on his bike and quickly take off. It doesn't take me long to realize we're not heading in the same direction of anyone else.

"Where are we going?" I yell out over the rumble of his bike and the wind.

"You'll see!" Is all he says back.

A few minutes later and we come to a stop on the side of the road. He helps me off the bike and starts walking into the surrounding woods. I follow silently behind and start to recognize the area, he's leading me to our spot.

"What're we doing here?" I ask as we climb a couple of rocks and sit down at the edge of the water pool.

"There's been a lot going on lately so I figured it would be a nice place to relax for a while." He answers

I nod my head in return and lean my head on his arm. I would say shoulder but my head doesn't reach that far up.

"We should bring our bathing suits here one day and go swimming." I state

"I was gonna say why wait for bathing suits but realized I don't feel like driving home with wet underwear on." He says back

We look at each other and then we both start laughing like a couple of hyenas.

A/N

Does anyone actually think my writing has gotten better since the first couple of chapters? Or is that just me doing some wishful thinking?

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I don't own the gif or pictures above.

Have a nice night/day!:)