Seven

"Cause everybody, everybody knows something I don't"

Lonely. That is what I was feeling when I showed up to school this morning. The only person i talked to is no longer my friend, so I was kind of alone. During class it was okay because the work and lessons could distract me, but when lunch time rolled around i was feeling a little lost as i sat alone outside. That is until the only person I could ever count on came strolling up to my table and started munching on his lunch.

"Not gonna sit with your friends?" I asked him

"Why would i do that when my favourite sister is at this table." he replies

"First of all, I'm your only sister and second we both know the only reason you're over here is because you feel bad for me. Not saying I don't mind the company cause I do but if you wanna sit with your friends I won't hold it against you." I tell him

"Honestly i'd much rather be sitting over here with you than them right now, I mean they're fun and everything but they're also loud and rambunctious." he says while pointing over to his friends who are throwing an apple over other peoples tables.

"Fair point." is all I say before digging into my yogurt

Not long after that the bell had rung signaling that lunch was over.

***

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and the day was now over, which means I have to go to the store and pick up stuff for my mother like the good daughter that I am. Luckily for me the store isn't to far from the school or my house, it's kind of in between so I won't have to walk far.

As I was making my way to the store my phone buzzed signaling I had a message, it was Quinn asking to hangout on Friday after school. I told her "yes but only if she reminds me because i will most likely forget by then." I finish off the message with a upside down smiley face emoji.

Clearly i wasn't watching where I was going because the next thing I knew I was bumping into something hard and falling on my butt.

"Watch it." a deep voice says to me, as I look up to see who it belongs to I notice it's sweet pea.

"Sorry, i wasn't watching where I was going." I say as I stand up, dusting off my butt.

"Not to sound rude or anything but what're you doing at the grocery store on this side of town?" I ask him hoping that didn't come out condescending.

"Ran out of bread at home and the store on the southside was out, it was either wait until they restocked or risk the nasty looks and snide comments by coming here." he answered back, that's the most i've heard him say since I met him, not like I'd tell him that though cause then he'd stop talking all together.

"Oh cool, wanna walk around the store with me while I get the stuff I need? It's just a few things so it won't take long." I ask him while awkwardly fiddling with my hands and hoping he doesn't say no.

"You sure you wanna be seen with the southside serpent scum?" he asks me

"You're not scum and I don't care what these people think about me, I just wanna get some groceries while enjoying my time with a friend." I say back "Now lets go, I'm cold and I wanna be warm." i say before taking his hand and dragging him inside.

Once we enter the store I let go of his hand, still not believing I had the courage to grab is hand in the first place.

"Let's get your bread first and then we can get my stuff." I say to him as I'm already walking in the direction of the bread aisle.

By the time we were done the sun was still up but was starting to set.

"It would have taken less time if you didn't go down every aisle twice." he says while looking down at me. He had offered to walk me home and what kind of person would I be to refuse.

"I had to make sure I didn't miss anything, my mom forgot to give me the list this morning so I was going off memory, besides we both know I'm a hoot to hangout with." I say back sticking my tongue out afterwards.

He suddenly let out a chuckle, it was short but man was it sexy. "A hoot? you really are something else."

All i could is smile proudly, I made him do something other than brood and say mean things about north siders. If that's not progress than I don't know what is.

We walked the rest of the way to my house in a comfortable silence. There was something about being around him that makes me feel so content and safe, I don't think I'll ever understand why everyone on the north side hate the people on the south side so much, they ones I've met have been nothing but nice to me. Sure they're a little rough at first but a little bit of kindness goes a long way.

I had gotten so lost in my own thoughts that I barely noticed when we had arrived at my house. I wanted to ask sweet pea something but didn't know what he would say but I decided to do it anyways.

"Can i have your number?" I blurted it out before I could even process how I wanted to ask him. "You can say no i just figured that since I enjoyed hanging out with you and you seemed to enjoy my presence a little more than the first time we met that we could exchange numbers and hangout for real next time." I rambled. I hope I didn't just freak him out.

"You kind of ramble a lot." he stated

"Yeah i do that when I'm nervous about something." I say back letting out a shaky breathe.

"Alright." is all he said back

"Alright?" i ask confused

"Lets exchange numbers." he says back before taking out his phone and handing it to me. I quickly take out mine and hand it to him so we can exchange numbers.

"Thanks" i say as he hands my phone back to me. "I should probably get inside, I have some homework that i need to do, but thanks for hanging out with me today and walking me home and not running away after my awkward ramblings."

"Anytime." he says starting to walk away, but suddenly he stops and turns around.

"I think your're cute when you ramble." and with that last sentence he's turning around and walking away, leaving me behind with wide eyes and blush brighter than my future.

A/N

Not a very long chapter but at least there was a little bit of sweet pea in this one.
The next chapter is going to be kind of exciting with a little bit of action.
& Don't worry Sweet pea and Callie will be hanging out a bit more in the up coming chapters.

I don't own the gif or picture above.

Don't forget to vote and comment!:)