Eighteen

"And I wonder, and I wonder how to keep a good thing going"

Riverdale-S2E5

Decisions. The worst part of any day is having to decide between two or more options. Do I wear the long sleeved shirt or the short sleeved shirt with a sweater? Do I eat cereal or toast? In the end I end up going with the first options because I'm to tired and lazy to actually think long and hard about which choice would be better.

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning eating my lucky charms and thinking about my plans to do nothing today when my mom walked into the kitchen and told me I'm babysitting our neighbors Eleven year old son Noah this afternoon until his parents get home from work.

My parents have been friends with the Walsh family for years, so I didn't really get much of a say in the matter. Which is why I am currently across the street having a staring content with an eleven year old boy.

"You blinked!" He says to me.

"What! No I didn't!" I say back.

He smiles smugly at me, "Yes you did. Now you owe me frozen yogurt and any toy from the store that I want."

We made a deal before the contest began that if he won then I would buy him frozen yogurt and a toy. But if i won then we would get ice cream and a toy of my choosing. Either way I lose because it's my money that's being spent.

"Fine, go get your shoes on and we'll go." As soon as I finish saying that, he rushes to put his shoes on. I follow behind him and slip my shoes on as well.

***

"Do you know what kind of toy you want?" I ask him as we walk down the sidewalk, eating our frozen yogurt.

"I've had my eye on something for a while but every time my parents say they'll take me to get it, they get busy and it never happens." He answers.

"Yeah my parents were like that when I was younger too. Always busy with work, never having a lot of time to do things with Logan and I." I say.

He looks up at me and asks, "Will they ever make time to hangout with me?"

I sigh and answer, "Not unless you tell them how you feel. Make sure they know you're serious about wanting to spend time with them."

He nods, "I'll try."

I smile at him, "If that doesn't work then you're more than welcome to hangout with me anytime you want."

He smiles back, "Thanks."

We arrived at the store a few minutes later and threw our empty yogurt cups in the trash before walking inside. 

He walks ahead of me and goes down the aisle that has the toy that he wants. Which Is apperently a Nerf bow and arrow set.

He hands it to me so I can pay for it. "You'll play with me right?"