Twenty eight

"All my friends are locking it up"

I was sitting on the couch reading one of my favourite books when my mom walked into the room and told me that we're all going to the park today

I was sitting on the couch reading one of my favourite books when my mom walked into the room and told me that we're all going to the park today. Which is why I'm currently being pulled by Happy who seems to know exactly where we're going. 

We arrive at the park in a matter of minutes and Logan and my dad immediately start throwing a ball for Happy, while my mom and I sit on the bench and watch them. 

"You know you can talk to me about anything, don't you?" My mom asks.

I look over at her as I respond, "I know." 

She nods, "You just seem a little down lately, so if there's anything you wanted to talk about or anything I can help you with then just know you can come to me." 

I hesitate before answering, "I have these friends who did something kind of bad, and I don't really know what to do about it. At first I was so angry with them, I couldn't and still can't understand how a person could do something so cruel. But now, the anger is fading and I'm just confused. I can't really forgive them because they didn't do anything to me, but I also can't seem to find a way to look past or move on from what they did." 

"I don't know what they did or how bad it was but let me ask you this, Are they good people?" 

"What?" I ask confused 

She looks at me, "Aside from that one bad thing that they did, in your opinion do you think they're good people?" 

"Yeah, I mean they're a little rough around the edges but who isn't. But just because they're good people doesn't excuse the bad thing that they did." I answer

"Do you know why they did it?" She asks

I think for a moment, "A friend of theirs asked for their help." 

She nods, "So they did a bad thing to help out a friend, that still doesn't make whatever it is that they did okay, but if one of your friends or family members needed help, would you say no? Would you be able to live with yourself if something happened to them and you didn't do anything to help?"

"I don't know, I guess it would depend on the gravity of the situation." I answer back unsurely 

"Do you know how serious their situation was?" She asks

I shake my head. 

"Then maybe you should talk to them, get all the information before making a decision. Good friends are hard to find these days, you'll want to make sure you know who they truly are as people before making any big decisions." 

I give her a small smile, "Thanks mom." 

She reaches over and side hugs me, "You're welcome." 

I feel a nudge on my leg and look down to see Happy staring up at my with the ball in his mouth. 

"You want me to play with you?" I ask him while taking the ball from his mouth. 

"Please do, that dog has got way to much energy." Logan says between breaths. 

Logan and my dad plop on the bench as I walk over to the grassy area and throw the ball.

We spent a couple of hours at the park before heading home, where I sprawled out onto my bed and thought about how I'll approach Sweet pea and the others.

I must have thought to hard because I ended up falling asleep and not waking up for 3 hours.

A/n 

Sorry it took so long to upload and that it's so short but I had and still kind of have writers block but I wanted to post something so you guys didn't think I had abandoned you!

There's only a few chapters left of part one and then I'll be moving on to part two. I was reading through all my previous chapters and realized that the story is kind of bland, like my writing is okay for my first book but the plot sucks, there's no direction to it so far. So I think once I get into Part two I'll try and actually have more of a direction of where I want the story to go. 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Have a nice day/night!:) 

I don't own the gif or picture above.