Chapter 14

Text like this is Ryous thoughts
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
"The next battle is between Ryou Midoria and Denki Kaminari! This is going to be one electrifying fight!" Pres Mic announced.

Ryou stood on the arena oppisite of Kaminari, hands in his pockets, cringing at the announcement.

Really?

"Begin!"

Ryou observed as Denki charged a million volts at him. It was obvious he was going to be his stupid self when he finished. Charging so much electricity in one go and suffering the after-effect right after is his weakness. 

"Sorry man, but I am winning today!" Kaminari released the charge.

Arata(lightning/thunder) take care of this.

Yes!

White electricity and static surrounded Ryou and he didnt flinch at all when the attack got to him. The white static absorbed the yellow electricity and the attack amounted to nothing because Ryou was still standing. Denki on the other hand was drooling and gave the audience a thumbs up with a stupid grin on.

"Kaminari Denki is out of it! What will happen next?"

Ryou walked up to the pikaku and stood infront of him. He grabbed his shoulder and simply lead him to the boundary.

I dont want to hit him when I can do this.

"Kaminari is out of bounds! Ryou advances to the next round!" Midnight said. He walked out and checked the board.

Oh look, I'm up against Ibara.

Before his fight, he went to the waiting room and tried to come up with a plan to beat her.

I wonder if her vines are fire proof? I can take my chances with them, but if they are I can be in trouble...... whatever, I'll just do it.

When the fight between Ibara and Ryou began, she shot her vines at him, above and underground at the same time. And instead of waiting for the attack to get to him, he ran to meet up with it. The plan was to set the main source of the vines on fire: Ibaras hair. He had to continusly dodge vines here and there, some acually were able to scrape against his flesh, causing some scratches. 

How it went:

Ryou ran to meet with the above ground vines, or so it seemed. He wanted to lure the underground ones to the surface and use those to propel himself upwards. 

Reaching the vines, he let them tangle him a little before breaking free with a strong tug. The thorns on the vines made the process painful, but that didnt stop Ryou. He jumped and quickly squatted to avoid two atacks. He had to kick and punch (yes punch) vines to avoid them catching him. Soon enough, he heard rumbling underground, indicating an upcoming sneak attack. But this is exactly what Ryou needed.

He squatted to prepare, and just as the vines came crumbling the concrete in the process, he jumped, using them as a base to jump higher. He began falling towards Ibara, who in response just shreiked a little and shot more vines at him. He dodged them in mid-air and got closer to her. She proceeded to create a vine cage for herself to block any attacks, but this is when Ryou attacked.

He shot a steady stream of fire at her, and to his releif, it burned through the vines.

So they are not fireproof. Thank God.

Landing with a thud and aiming again, he shot another stream at her, only this time she didnt have any vine cage or stray vines to protect her. So naturally, her hair began burning.