Chapter 18

Question of the day: Are Ryou's parents alive? How?

Answer: Yes they are, it was never said they were dead. However, I cant tell you how just yet.....

Words like this are Ryous thoughts.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The sterile smell of medicine and floor cleaners is what Tensei's hospital room smelled like. The weak yet steady beeping of the IV monitor was the  only thing that proved the patient was alive. 

Tensei layed on the bed, his closed eyes signaling he was asleep. Ryou walked quietly towards him and sat down in a nearby chair.

Master, its totally not werid for you to watch someone sleeping.

The hell?! For your informacion Hayato, I am taking notes. Taking notes ON HIS BREATHING PATTERNS, I AM NOT WATCHING HIM SLEEP!

And sure enough, he was. A notebook layed in his lap, medical terms and calculations filling the page he was on. 

"Um...... who are you?"

Ryou looked up from under his eyelashes to see a tired Tensei looking at him.

"Doctors assistant." Was the only thing he said, not looking away from the notes he was scribbling away in.

Damn, his legs are pretty jacked up.

"Okay...." Tensei said in a voice full of doubt.

Awkward silence began, and got even more awkward when Ryou's pencils lead broke on the paper while he was still writing.

"Okay, lets get this over with." Ryou spoke after a few more weird seconds. He got up and went to the medication table.

"Get what over with?" Tensei gave Ryou's back a suspicious look.

"Leg therapy." He turned around, latex gloves on and a sringe with a HUGE needle. It almost seemed like he was a mad scientist. Almost. It didnt help that he was wearing a white doctors coat.

"Wait what are you-" but before Tensei could finish, Ryou had already injected the fluid, and he was losing consciousness, fast.

"Dont worry, I am not a villan. When you wake up, try not to be surprised."

Tensei went limp and Ryou sighed.

I still dont understand why I have to do this and not the doctor or nurse. I hate needles and fining the artery is just disgusting. I can feel myself cringing.

Ryou shivered when he remembered the class they made him take at the first hospital he visited. It showed where all the arteries and veins are in the human body, as well as how to enject medicine, antibiotics, and other things. Learning about the human anatomy and the doses of medicine was fine; what completely threw Ryou off was actually having to preform it on a person.

Okay, lets stop thinking about that and get his legs fixed.

He concentrated on the legs and made sure to put in practice everything he learned in the last few days.

Timeskip~

By the time the sun had risen, Ryou was sleeping in the lunch room of the hospital staff. It had taken four hours to completely heal Iida's legs, and even so, he would need a few days of therapy to get used to walking again. Since this aspect of the quirk wasnt always used, it was weaker. And since it was weaker, it took up a lot of Ryous energy to even finish the procedure.

"Excuse me."

Ryou opened one eye to see a nurse looking at him, a worried expression coating her face.

"You are the intern that came last night right? You dont look to good, and seem sleep deprived."

Then why the hell did you wake me?!

"Here take these." She handed him some snacks and a bottle of water.

"Thanks. But I need to finish what I came here for." Ryou just ate a few cookies and drank a sip of water.

Now to find the idiots.

He walked around the hospital, looking for a room number the doctor told him to go to. When he finally found it, he was surprised to hear laughter from the other side.

"Whats so funny?" He walked into the room, scanning it in the process. He saw Izuku, Shouto, and Tenya.

"Wha- Ryou?" Izuku seemed to not recognize him.

"What?"

"Woah there Midorya. Have you been not sleeping properly? You look very tired." Iida pointed out.

No shit shelock.

"Just pulled a few all-nighters, nothing big."

"You look dead." Todoroki stated.

"And you will be dead if you dont shut up." Ryou snapped.

And that caused silence in the room.

Finally.

"Okay, Izuku lay down."

"H-huh?!"

"Just do it. I am interning here which means I have to deal with you. Now lay down."

Izuku did as told, and the other two stared at him in curiosity.

"This is going to sting a bit."

Putting another pair of gloves on, he sat next to Izuku.

This will take a bit longer because I am tired.

Just as he was going to begin, he felt two pairs of eyes drilling holes into his figure. So he simply did what was the most reasonable.

Sou, (earth dragon) take care of them.

Yes, of course.

He then put his hands on Izukus wounds and procceded to heal.

This will require some more therapy than usual because I cant concentrate. So tired.

"Alright, I am done."

Ryou turned to do the other two, but only found them dangling on the wall with vines facing the other side.

Thats one way to take care of it.

"Sorry about that."

Timeskip~

Ryou was now in the lunch room, going over notes and other things from his internship.

Who knew the medical field is so hard? My respects to the doctors and nurses.

In total, Ryou healed four people with injuries and one with a disease. So far, none have fallen with second effects.

Wow, my healing isnt so bad now, is it?

The paper he was currently reading was full of scribbles and side-notes. But for some reason, Ryou couldnt make out what it was saying.

Huh? I was reading this just fine seconds ago.

He looked at his surroundings, and was alarmed when all he saw was foggy outlines of people. The once buzzing room with noise all sounded muffled now.

Crap.

He got up in panic, but his legs went weak and he fell to the floor. The only thing he saw before it all turned black was a crowd of medical staff around him.

Total words: 1,059. Next update Thursday. THANKS FOR READING!!!!