Chapter 19

Question of the day: What is your favorite color?

Answer: Blue, perferably royal blue or aqua blue.

Words like this are Ryous thoughts.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Ryou had collapsed due to lack of sleep and dehydration. He was straining his eyes and mind. And he blacked out.

Dream?

Ryou was in a field. A sort of meadow. The long grass danced with the soft wind, and the warm afternoon sun heated his skin. His steady heartbeat was the drum in the winds melody. Everywhere he turned, golden grass and hills were visible. The clean air filled his lungs, the smell of bark and earth felt refreshing.

In the distance, an old oak tree sat on a hill, and when Ryou looked closer, two people dressed in white were under it. He himself was wearing all white. A silky, thin, large shirt with sleeves that ended at his elbows, and white, clean pants that were rolled up at the bottom. The white contrasted with his black hair and blue eyes.

"Is this a dream? Cause it feels very real." His voice sounded muffled, as if he were underwater.

"Ryou!" It was muffled as well.

He turned, surprised to hear his name. It was the two people under the tree. Walking closer, he began to make out what seemed to be a young couple, in their early thirtees. The woman was wearing a white summer dress and the man had the same exact outfit as Ryou. He had his arm around the womans shoulder and they were looking at each other, smiling. 

But for some reason, their faces were blurred, the only thing he could make out was their smiles. The man had black hair, messy just like Ryou, and the woman had long bronze hair. They were laughing, but that was muffled too. Thats when they turned. 

Ryou didnt miss the pang in his heart. It felt as if he knew these people, but he could swear he never met them. And he felt it again when their smiles got wider and both extended their arms offering a hug. Before he knew it, he was running towards them, the grass almost parting as he passed.

'I know them. I know them. I know them.' The thought flashed through his head constantly, becoming even painful as it filled his mind. And just as he was going to jump in their arms, they dissapeared. Not only them, but the grass, the meadow, the tree, and even the sun. 

The soft earth under his feet was replaced by hard black concrete. The smell of wet tar was suffocating, and the sun wasnt visible. Instead it was dark, large drops of rain falling on him. His knees felt weak, as if he was running for a long time. He was out of breath, and his once white pristine clothes were soggy and wet. They were ripped and shreded, showing his pale, almost sickly skin.

'What?'

"Ah my grandson, you finally came." The clear voice startled Ryou. It was so clear, sickening sweet, and chillingly familiar he didnt want to turn around.

"Whats wrong? Why are you running? Wont you greet your grandma?"

Thats when Ryou gathered the courage to turn around. What he saw ran a chill down his spine.

A woman, in her 60s, stood tall under an umbrella, her rain coat protecting her from the rain. Although her face showed her age, she still stood and acted younger. But that wasnt what got Ryou. She was smiling. A smile so evil he was frozen in the spot. Cruelty reflected off her icy blue eyes.