Chapter 26

Question of the day: Memes or dad jokes?

My Answer: Memes are life.

Words like this are Ryous thoughts.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Cause every night I lie in bed,

The brightest colors fill my head,

A million dreams are keeping me awake....

Ryou snorted as soon as those lyrics came up.

What the hell? Who downloaded this song in my playlist? And why is it so relatable? But instead of bright colors it's annoying dragons and those million dreams are million nightmares.....

Not me.

It was Yumma!

Sou, I told you not to tell anyone!

Now he was laughing hysterically while dodging a dirt monster he was sure one of the pussycats created.

Who would have known the tough Yumma is into musicals?

Sending a wave of heat and air towards it, it toppled down like it was made of dominos. Ryou wiped a tear.

"That made my day."

Taking out his music player and changing the playlist, he fixed his earbuds that were coming loose.

Ryou, the whole class is still about a mile behind. You should have seen Katsukis face oh my god it was priceless.

Did he look constipated?

Yup.

Ryou jumped over some fallen branches as he walked ahead.

Wait...... isn't that his usual expression?

As he thought about it, a sudden roar filled his head. Literally.

Yumma! What gave you the idea that you could roar INSIDE my HEAD of all places?!

I'm sorry, I just got annoyed at Sou.

Ryou shook his head lightly to get rid of the incoming headache.

As he ran through the thick forest, the noises in the distance from the rest of the class battling got him thinking.

He was always doing everything solo. Even when he was small. Yeah, he had friends around him, but he preferred to be alone and do everything alone. As if his fate were written on a paper signaling he would be alone most of the time.

His fingers found their way to the amulet around his neck. It was simmering slightly with the bit of light that leaked from the trees canopy's.

Mom, dad, did you leave this world because of that same reason? Because I was destined to be alone forever?

Ryou........ you don't know if their dead though.

Ryou rolled his eyes and scolfed.

Wake up Arata! It has been so many years! They ABANDONED me at a freaking doorstep of a stranger! So they either abandoned me because they didn't love me or because.......

He took a shaky breath. What he had been avoiding to accept all these years came back to haunt him. He loved Inko and Izuku very much, but it didn't change the fact that he wondered about his birth parents.

I just want answers. That's all. But sometimes it seems like they will never come.

He sighed and continued, but it was different. His legs began to feel heavy and his chest was pounding.