Chapter 22

Question of the day: what's your favorite food?

Words like this are Ryous thoughts.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Another sleepless night. But life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance to the unknown. Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been..... Damn, the lack of sleep has made me wise.

The moon was hanging high in the sky, the stars barley shinning. Ryou was sitting on his bed, staring out his window, allowing his thoughts to drift and fill his head. He preffered to lose sleep than go to sleep.

A few days had passed since the intruder and the written finals had also passed. The next day would be the final exams. But Ryou was awake. It was midnight but he was awake. Why? Well, since the day of the break in, the nightmares got worse. The wounds and bruises on his body got worse. So the only way to stop it was to not sleep at all.

It was taking a toll on his body, but he didnt care. Before bed he drank energy drinks and caffine, so it was a bit easier to stay awake. He also binged on shows and manga. Until he got too into it and screamed at his phones screen saying: "YES JOHN YOU KICK HIS ASS! THATS WHAT ASSLO GETS FOR BEING A JACKASS!" It was a real surprise that Izuku and Inko didnt wake up.
(If you can guess the title, you get a cookie.)

And he also looked up makeup tutorials, but they were boring as hell. Dont get him wrong, he still watches James Charles, but it wasnt his thing. Unfortunatly, he needed to accually learn how to apply some to cover the hidious black eye bags that formed.

But tonight, he was so tired that he couldnt help but lay down. He slowly closed his eyes.

Ryou, get up. You told us to wake you if you fell asleep.

Minato you said so yourself. If I fell asleep. I am not asleep yet.

But your eyes are closed.

Ugh..... I am just resting my eyes not my brain. Leave me alone I'll be fine.

If you say so.......

Timeskip~

I swear, I fell asleep for a minuite and the same nightmare came. They could at least be creative and change it up a bit. Its getting boring.

It was morning already and Ryou was getting dressed. Fresh scars covered his body, ontop of the old ones. He applied some thingy so they wouldnt get infected and went to the bathroom. There he took out some makeup stuff he took from his mom, and applied it the best he could. When be finished, he looked in the mirror. Yes, he didnt look in a mirror to put it on. Mostly winged it like with his life choices.

Could be worse.

Looking around, his eyes landed on a small black case sitting on the side of the sink, almost taunting him. He just scolffed.

Flashback~

"After several examinations, I can tell you clearly what happened." The eye doctor was sitting behind his desk and Ryou was sitting with Inko infront of him. After being dragged to the eye doctor while he was about to hid under the sheets all day, he wasnt happy.

"You have a rare case of something called tired eye.(im making this up so dont hate) It usually happens when the body and mind are pushed too far. When this happens, all the stress is accumulated in a certain part of the body. The most common places are the head, which causes migranes, and the spinal cord, which effects the nervous system. Rarely is it stored on the eyes. It seems you are that rare case though."

"Wait. How can this be true? I am totally fine! My sight is fine!" Ryou gripped on the chair.

"Well, tests dont lie. Not to mention the obvious proof. For example, has your mind or body been under a lot of stress latly?"

The only thing that came to Ryous mind were the nightmares. And there was no freaking way he was going to fess up now.

"No-"

"Yes he has." Surprised, Ryou turned to his mom. Did she know?

"Not to long ago he fainted for staying up all night for almost a week. I'd say thats a sign of excess stress."

Phew. False alarm.

"Okay, thats a sign. And when your eyesight gets blurry, are you under stress or are you relaxed?"

"....stress."

"And does your eyesight get blurry when you're relaxed?"

".........."

"Ryou," Inko nuddged him, "answer."

Rolling his eyes he spoke: "No."

"Exactly. Well, I am going to prescribe glasses which you Should wear all day for the time being. Once you are better, you can wear them less, but for now its an all day thing. Also I recommend to take some de-stress pills or even some relaxing drugs. Try not to force your eyes."

(Flashbach end~)

"Stupid doctor. Shitty glasses."

Ryou continued grumbling as he went downstairs.

"Stupid eyes. Fucking nightmares."

He went to the kitchen where Izuku was already eating breakfast. The spoonfull of cereal frozen in mid air as Izuku stared at Ryou with wide eyes and open mouth.

"Freaking pills. Crappy quirk."

Hey!

Just let him V. He needs to rant to feel better.

"Bitchy old mystery hag. Stupid bed."

He opened the fridge ans took out the milk cartoon.

"Crappy morning. Fr-" Before he could finish, the milk cartoon slipped from his fingers and fell to the floor, getting milk everywhere.

"............."

"............."

"FUCKING MILK AND FUCKING LIFE! I. AM. DONE."

He growled and walked away, leaving the sprayed milk all over.

"Um, Ryou you know you need to-"

Before he could continue, steam arose from the milk and it quickly evaporated.

".....never mind."

New update! Next one on Thursday THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!