TWENTY NINE

Jeanna's P.O.V:

The next day passed pretty fast and pretty boring. Jungkook and me ate breakfast together before we both went to work. After work I went home and waited for Jungkook to come back as well so yeah pretty boring.

But the problem was that he wasn't even at home by 10pm so I started to worry a little. We usually come back around 7 or 8pm. I already called him a few times but he didn't pick up.

One hour more passed when I finally heard the ring of my phone. It was Jungkook so I immediately picked up. "Jungkook where are you? Are you okay?"

"Come outside. The lake." Was the only thing he said before he hung up. I didn't have a good feeling. Jungkook usually never acted like that but I tried to ignore my insecurity about going outside.

I grabbed my keys and slowly walked outside, the way to the lake which wasn't far away from our apartment at all. At least it wasn't to dark because of the moon and the streetlights everywhere so when I arrived I could already see Jungkook looking at the water.

"Jungkook?" I tapped on his shoulder, making him turn around to me. "Well.. for one last time not Jungkook."

"Taehyung?" I was surprised for a moment. It's been a while since I talked to him the last time and his words confused me in general. "What do you mean?"

"I'm here because I want to say goodbye." A little smile was formed on his lips but I didn't get what he was trying to say at all. He could probably see that in my face so he spoke up again. "Jeanna this time I'm really gonna leave, I have to. I can't stay together forever with Jungkook. He doesn't need me anymore. I was here to protect and help him whenever he needs me but... it's fine now. He has you and I trust you. I wanna thank you for everything you did for him. Please love him forever and don't leave him like I did."

In my whole life I never heard about something like that. Taehyung was a second personality Jungkook made up when he needed someone and his real friend Taehyung passed away but I never heard that a personality like that can just leave whenever he wants to.

I shook my head and ignored my psychologist side for a moment. "Taehyung I really don't know what to say... I'm glad that you were there for Jungkook when he didn't have anyone and I promise that I will never leave him alone."

"We will see each other again. I miss him, I really miss my friend but I will wait for him. Thank you Jeanna." Taehyung closed his eyes for a moment. The next thing I heard was a painful groan. Jungkook held his head as he slowly opened his eyes again. "H-huh? How did I get here? Did you slap me?"

"Why would I ever slap you Jungkook?" I looked worried and confused at him. "I don't know but my head hurts."
I ruffled his hair and just led him back inside our apartment without saying anything. I wasn't able to say something in that moment. I couldn't believe what just happened. It didn't make sense to me in some ways.

Jungkook noticed that something was wrong and asked me several times if I was okay. I just nodded to that and didn't talk much to him for the rest of the day. Now that I think about that I feel sorry for that but my head was so messed up.

Not only what Taehyung said bothered me the whole day, I also wanted to know if Jungkook knew what was going on and what he wanted to tell me the whole time but never did. What if he didn't know that Taehyung left and I would accidentally tell him? What if it would hurt him? I couldn't even imagine how he would react to that. There were so many possible ways.

"Jeanna it's 3am... why aren't you sleeping?" Jungkook suddenly asked out of the sudden. It was true I laid the whole time awake beside him. "I'm.. I'm not tired that's all." Jungkook turned his head to me. "Why are you lying to me the whole time? I don't know if I did something wrong today but if I did then I'm sorry."

I felt really bad now. "No Jungkook.. I'm sorry I'm just really messed up right now. I can't talk about it I'm sorry but I'm fine don't worry about me." Jungkook nodded but I could see in his face that he didn't believe me at all.

After a while I somehow fell asleep but not for a long time because I felt that nobody laid beside me anymore. I opened my eyes and looked around for Jungkook. I saw that the light in the bathroom was on so I guessed he was there.

I got up and walked downstairs to make breakfast. It was Saturday so we both didn't have to work. When Jungkook came downstairs I just finished everything but he held a backpack in his hand. "Where are you going?"

Jungkook grabbed an apple and looked up at me. "Gym." Was the only thing he said before he left the house. I knew that he sometimes went to the gym but he never was like that. He always told me earlier or at least stayed a little more before he would go. But I shouldn't complain, I was the one who didn't talk to him much the last night. I probably made him feel bad.