Chapter 2: Life changing news

"That's perfect" I compliment smiling at the little girl who's posing for her tenth birthday card. "Try looking up at the balloons giving me a big smile" I suggest, she does as I say making me smile as I snap a few shots. "Do you want to do the one with the confetti now?" I ask making her smile widen as she nods vigoursly.

I move away from the camera and place the big 1 and 0 balloon in the middle making sure they won't move. "You have one shot at this make it perfect" I warn, she nods in understanding and I walk back to the camera. "One, Two, Three" I count before watching silver and pink confetti fly everywhere as the girl keeps a bright smile on her face. "That's was amazing" I gush making her giggle.

"Y/n" Lee shouts running into the shooting room. "What?" I ask annoyed, keeping my gaze on the girl as she picks up the confetti and throws it in the air. "You're dad told me to call you, there's some big news" she exclaims making me look up at her, "Okay, I'll be out in a minute" I say before turning back to the mother of the girl.

"I'll send these pictures to you tonight and if you want more or different ones you can always come back" I explain making her nod. I quickly leave the room and go to the office where my dad and Lee are gushing over something.

"Ah there she is" my dad smiles making my brows furrow "What's going on?" I ask taking a seat on the chair in front of his desk. "Remember the concert?" Lee asks making me nod.

"It was a week ago how could I forget?"

"Remember the pictures you took and posted online?" Again I nod.

"Well" she trails off looking down at my dad. "Sabrina and her team where amazed by your pictures and they wanted to see if you could be her personal photographer" My dad finishes with a wide smile making my eyes widen and my lips part in shock.

"What?" I ask unsure if I heard them right "You could be Sabrina's personal photographer!" Lee shouts jumping up and down showing off her excitement. "No way" I laugh in disbelief.

"She's going to come here tomorrow and they're going to ask you a few questions and see your portfolio" My dad starts explaining reading the email again "And you're going to do some headshots and depending on all of that they're going to offer you the chance of being her personal photographer" he smiles leaning back in his chair.

"Isn't that great?" My dad asks making me nod vigoursly "That's amazing" I agree before my widen "I have to get my portfolio ready!" I shout standing up and running to my room hearing my dad and Lee laugh.

~📷~

Today's the day that my future can change for ever. Today's the day I can start a new chapter in my life with my passion for photography. "You ready?" Lee asks entering my bedroom causing me to look away from the mirror where I was looking at my outfit. "I guess" I shrug nervously looking back at myself. I went for a sort of professional yet casual look. I decided to wear black high waisted pants with a white button up shirt that I tucked in and left my y/h/c hair flowing past my shoulders. "Well you look amazing" She compliments making me smile "Just don't stress about it, you were born to do this, it's in your blood" she assures me making me pull her in for a hug. "Thank you" I whisper tightening my grip around her before I feel her kiss the top of my head.

"Girls I see a black car parking in front, if it's her you better get down here" My dad says through the speaker I set in my room, in case of an emergency he can call me down to the office quickly.

I take a deep breath and look at Lee who shoots me an encouraging smile, "Let's do this" I say confidently making her chuckle as she nods. We both walk downstairs and my heart start to pick up pace when I spot 4 people talking to my dad, two of them being Sabrina and her sister Sarah.

"Good morning" I smile catching their attention, they all smile at me and I bite the inside of my cheek. "That's my daughter y/n, the one who took pictures at the concert" my dad explains as I nod in agreement.

"It's very nice to meet you y/n" Sabrina smiles extending her hand for me to shake. I happily take it, my heart skipping a beat when I notice how soft and gentle she is. "This is my sister Sarah" she points to her side "My mother, Elizabeth and my agent Jeffrey." She introduces as I shake all of their hands professionally.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm a big fan of Sabrina and to get an opportunity like this is indescribable" I might've stalked Sabrina last night just to you know get some more information about her. I found out that she's a few months older than me and that's she's from Philly, that's where my mom was from as well before they moved here to Florida.

"Should we get started then" her agent asks making me nod. My father leads us to a comfortable table where he usually has his meeting and I end up sitting next to Sabrina who keeps sneaking glances at me with a soft smile, but for some reason it calms me down.

I hand my portfolio and watch them examine the very best pictures I took in my life. "I love how every picture you take is different and none of them repeat in the same context" Sabrina's mom compliments making me smile. "Thank you, with photography each picture I take has to mean something different, I like to think outside the box and be creative rather than copying a work already done because what's the use?" I ask with a shrug "Repeating a story isn't what we're here to do, we're here to make our own and I just so happen to be the one who loves to capture them" Sabrina looks at me with a wide smile as her blue eyes lock against mine.

"I really admire how passionate you are about photography" she admits making me smile, "What made you get into photography?" She asks curiously and I sigh. "My mom passed away when I was two years old and all I have left of her is pictures" I start causing Sabrina to place her soft hand over my own, I shoot her a small smile and continue "Without those pictures I'd always be left with the my imagination of what she looked like and how she was, but with the pictures I have, they filled an empty part of me, helping me complete a small part of my life with each story they held. When my father placed a camera in my hands for the first time, I realised that I wanted to get close to people, not just physically close or emotionally close but all of it. I wanted to capture every single detail, every single emotion, just for when someone to look at it, they don't need words to understand what's happening but just their eyes." I finish causing Sabrina to stare at me in awe.

"I feel like she's to professional" Jeffrey jokes making me laugh. "Would you mind doing a few headshot for Sabrina whilst Elizabeth and I talk to your father" I nod and stand up making sure Sabrina follows me.

______________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go read my other books!

-Mel❤