Chapter 47: Broke my heart

I don't sleep at all. All I could do was watch y/n sleep in my arms. From the way I found her it was obvious that she didn't get any shut eye during the 2 days we were apart. I'm glad she got a bit of rest, she needed it. Lee and Sarah slept on two chairs which looked really uncomfortable but at least they were getting some sleep unlike me.

I don't know why I couldn't sleep, for some reason every time I closed my eyes I'd get this uneasy feeling that something terrible was going to happen. My heart would start pounding and my breathing would uneven so after a while I decided to stop trying and just take care of Y/n.

I ran my fingers through her soft hair, occasionally rubbed her back comfortably so she could really relax as well as place a few kisses on her cheek, temple and forehead to show her how much I love her and care for her. Even though she's still sleeping and she probably doesn't feel what I'm doing, it's the thought that counts.

As the night kept going I started thinking about all the different scenarios that would happen if her dad did make it and if he didn't. If he did, I thought about letting him live with Y/n and I back in LA, that way he would be with us at all times and I won't have to leave Y/n here alone with her dad, not to mention I could also be getting some work done. It's an idea that I definitely hoped Y/n would've agreed to, it sounded great since we could all be together and I could help Y/n with her father and also be an emotional support.

Obviously I didn't lingering too much on the thought of him not making it and ended up not making a plan, which I now completely regret as I try and calm down a hysterical y/n. "NO!" she screams trying to get rid of the grip I have on her, "No!" She keeps yelling turning around in my arms, fighting me as she tries to get to her father.

"Sabrina let go!" I know she doesn't mean to hurt me as she keeps hitting me to try and get me off. "I'm sorry I can't" I apologise, keeping my voice calm even though I'm nothing but. "Please" she begs looking at me desperately, her orbs filled with nothing but brokenness. "Let me get to him" tears are falling from both of our eyes and I don't think I've ever seen her like this nor do I ever want to see her like this ever again. "I'm sorry" I keep repeating as she keeps fighting me but no matter what I don't let her go. I don't care if I end up with bruises.

He flat lined. Randomly in the middle of the night, as soon as I suddenly fell asleep he flat lined. A bunch of nurses and doctors ushered us out and were doing everything in their power to bring him back. However y/n was not having it, she wants to go back to him, tell him to fight and that he can't leave her like this. "Please Sabrina" she cries "Let me at least say goodbye" my heart breaks at the sight of her, she's just a little girl who wants her father, who needs her father.

I just shake my head and hold onto her tightly, letting her cry against my chest. "Please, please, please" she mutters yet I don't think she's talking to me now, she's begging for her dad, begging that he gets his life again, begging for anything just to make him better again, begging to make the pain stop.

We stay like this for 10 minutes, my arms firmly wrapped around her, keeping her from barging into the room. When she finally stops fighting me I leave kisses at the top of her head and keep telling her that I love her. That no matter what is going to happen I'll be there for her, loving her and taking care of her. I'll be there through it all.

When a nurse comes out of the room with a sad smile on, my heart shatters and I instantly hold onto Y/n tighter. "I'm sorry" the lady murmurs causing my girlfriend to shake her head in disbelief, "No" she breathes out "No, he can't be gone, h-h-he w-was doing b-better" she argues with tears falling. "We did our best to help him but his heart gave out" she explains softly "I'm really sorry but there's nothing else we can do" she apologises and that caused my girlfriend to scream and drop to the floor, successfully escaping my grip.