17 - This Man

A couple of days later, Madalyn came home from the hospital. She and this, Dabi, guy, dude, person, were still living together I guess. I still don't think this guy is real. I liked Cameron better.... Maybe.

Me being my protective self, I decided to stalk this guy. There was just something I didn't like about him. I wonder if he was a pro? Wait no, Mic was really protective about him when we seen him at the hospital, he couldn't be. What if he was a villain?! Nah, I mean Madalyns edgy, but not that edgy. She wouldn't date a villain. I was still curious about it and never asked Mic why he was so defensive about him the day the hospital.

I walked in from coming back from work. Usually he was home, but today he wasn't. I went into the kitchen to grab a snack. Too bad Mic wasn't home. (Ha! Get it, Snack!) I laughed at my own joke. I opened the cupboard to find my box of Cheez-its. It wasn't there. SoMeOnE aTe My ChEeZ-iTs! I must have been Ashlyn, or Mic. He likes to do that to me too. Ashlyn spent most of her time at the college now. I mean we already graduated, but she still likes to go there and volunteer. Not to help people, but work there.. I think. Whatever she's doing.

I just looked fore something else than. Since there wasn't anything good, I had to go for the fridge. We had some fruit in there, some veggies. But, yeah I wasn't in the mood. I pulled out some salami and went and sat on the couch. When Hizashi was coming home? I don't know. Ashlyn should be home soon though.

I put some good ol' Netflix on and began eating some salami. Because why not? Good snack right? After watching one episode of my show Ashlyn came walking in. "Oh hey Y/N. Mic home?" I shook my head. "Naw, not yet. But since your home he should be home soon."

She shrugged and walked to her room and came back. "So how long have you been home?"

"Eh well, hour or so." She nodded and sat down next to me. I looked at her. "Do you think Madalyn's boyfriend, uh Dabi, is a villain?" She looked at me wide eyed. "Whoa, dude. I never thought of that. That's why Mic was all like, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE, at the hospital?" I nodded my head. "I'm thinking possibly. That's why I've been waiting for him to come home so I can get an answer." She nodded her head. "Hhmm Yeah, I can see that, I can see that." We sat there in silence and watched T.V.

An hour later Hizashi came walking in.

"Hey love! It's about time you came home." He laughed and set his things down. He took his neck piece off and sat on the couch next to me. "Sorry 'bout that. I've been pretty busy lately. The schools been driving me nuts." He kissed me on the cheek and Ashlyn cringed. "Gross." I laughed at her. "Oh stop yourself. You have a boyfriend one of these days. And then you'll see how it feels." She cringed again and went back to watching T.V. "Boyfriends," she said, "Never heard of her." We both laughed.

I thought about asking Hizashi about Dabi, but I didn't really want to upset him. I had to get to the bottom of it though. I looked over at him. Damn was he gorgeous. "Hey, Hizashi?" He looked over at me and hmmd. "So, remember when we were at the hospital, and that one dude Dabi showed up? Why did you get so protective over him?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "You mean you don't know?" He pulled away for a second. "He was a known villain a couple years back. He and the rest of his team separated a while back. None of the pro heroes have heard anything from them since. They've been a complete mystery since then. There's only been report of the one Toga since. She ends up in Asylums, but always some how escapes them all."

Whoa. I knew it. Wait. "Is Madalyn even safe with him now?!! What the heck!" I was about to get up but Mic pulled me back down. "Hey chill Y/N. Shes fine, I hope. Being honest, he was pretty calm at the hospital. Ya know besides me trying to apprehend him. He wasn't his, normal way. Or at least the way he was back when we did chases after him. Plus he wouldn't just walk into a hospital like his shit don't stink if he hadn't changed." I sat back down. Maybe the things he said were true, but still, I don't trust him. "Well, that may be true." I pulled out my phone. "I need to make sure just in case." I started texting Madalyn.

Hey, so this Dabi dude, apparently he was a villain before. Has he been treating you well? Cause I mean, he was a villain.

... Uh Yeah Y/N. Why do you ask?

UH I DON'T KNOW. Maybe because he was a ViLlAiN? Plus from a personal standing point, I don't know this dude.

... You don't have to worry about him Y/N. He's actually been Cameron for two years or so. Apparently he was supposed to kill me, but I guess he fell in love with me before he could. He explained it all, and then that's when I took off a week later. I actually was pretty shocked about it. I actually didn't want to go back. But when he showed up at the hospital, it nearly broke my heart.

Agh your too gullible.

...Alright, sure. Tell Mic I said hi.

I put the phone down. I still don't..I don't know. I just still don't trust him. "Hey guys, Madalyn says hi."