Chapter 6 ||

Lucas Pov:

"What do you want?" Jayda said opening the door for me.

"We need to talk about our child." I said then she sighed.

"Well, Jalen's mama is here so you can't come in. Lemme grab my shoes and we can ride somewhere." She said then I nodded my head and backed away from the door. I don't want to get the law involved in this shit, never know what might happen. I'm surprised they even gave me custody of Pooh.

I walked back to my car and waited on her, it took her a good 10 minutes to come back out here.

"My bad, I had to p-" She said but I cut her off.

"It's fine. You ain't gotta explain yourself." I said. "But I don't want to take this shit to court." I said while backing out the driveway.

"Too late, I already went up there. When I dropped her off at your house, I simply told you I don't want nobody other than you yelling or trying to discipline my child I don't care what she did but instead you wanna leave my child with the bitch." She snapped.

"I know what you told me but Jayda that child is bad as fuck. And the reason is because you're not disciplining her like you should. Paige and Tay was watching her while I run to the store right quick, Paige not gone put her hands or belt on Kensley. But Kensley can't go around hitting folks without getting in trouble. I know Tay should be used to it but it shouldn't even be happening period. Yea, Kensley can play fight but not all the damn time." I explained.

"Where did you meet Paige at?" She questioned. That has nothing to do about the situation.

"What does that have to do with what we talking about?" I questioned.

"I swear it seem like she got bad intentions and I don't want my daughter around." She said.

"I met her at the hospital. Why at the hospital? Because she saved Pooh from a bullet. What person would go through that to have bad intentions. Jayda, Paige ain't even like you trynna picture her. Stop trynna predict who the fuck she is, I know this yo first child so I understand you trynna be overprotective but you gone have to chill out a lil bit. If you don't want Paige whooping her, it won't happen but other than telling her when she's wrong I'm not stopping that because I don't raise my kids to be disrespectful." I explained then her phone started ringing.

"Hold up." She said then answered the phone.

"Yea Jalen." She said into the phone.

"Lucas had to talk to me about Kensley." She replied as I pulled up to McDonald's. I been starving all damn day because Paige wouldn't get up and cook.

"Ok why is you getting smart? Imma be back inna min and her tablet is in the dresser beside our bed in the top drawer." She said.

"Ok yea whatever bye Jalen." She sighed then hung up the phone.

"You want something from here? I don't wanna just eat in front of you." I questioned.

"Yea, 10 piece chicken nugget combo with a sweet tea and extra bbq sauce." She said as I put the car in park. I was gone go through the drive thru but the line was long.

"Iight, I'll be back." I said then got out the car.

After 10 minutes, I came out with our food.

"So I was thinking." Jayda said once I got back in the car with our food.

"What?" I said passing her, her food.

"We can try this again. I mean if you trust her, then I should. One week she with me then next she with you. Or you can do weekends and I do weekdays." She said.

"But didn't you already go to the court about it?" I questioned.

"I was lying, I just wanted to be stubborn." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Sounds like the Jayda I know." I said with a chuckle. "But yea, I'll get her every other week." I said then glanced over at her then her arm caught my attention. She had a couple of scars on it, I looked up at her face and she had a bruise under her eye that's going away.

"What?" She questioned once she notice me looking at her.

"Where you getting all these scars from?" I questioned then grabbed her arm so she could see exactly what I was talking bout. But she didn't answer me.

"He be beating on you?" I questioned then she quickly shook her head no.

"No, he would never. Now look at you assuming, just like Paige don't have bad intentions, he don't." She said.

"Well where the scars coming from?" I questioned.

"It's really none of your business." She said then I shook my head. I don't even have no appetite to eat nomore.

"Yea, you right." I said then crunk the car up.

The whole car ride to her house was quiet as fuck. I know that dude putting his hands in her but if she wanna act stubborn and tell me it's not him then so be it.

"Bye Lucas." She said as she opened the car door and left.

.
..