Chapter 20

Paige Pov:

"Paige lemme see my damn son." Lucas said banging on my front door.

"Get the fuck on, he's sleep. Don't start bugging. You should've never got drunk while my son was at yo house bitch." I said standing on the other side of the door.

"Paige, I been stressing and that's my only way out is drinking." He tried to explain hisself but that don't make it no better.

"Okay, well you're not getting my son while you're stressing. You got 3 other motherfucking kids and you didn't get drunk around them knowing wasn't nobody gone be able to watch them and then yo ass gone turn around and do it to ours. He's a fucking baby who can't take care of himself." I said trying to get it through his thick ass skull because in his world I shouldn't be mad at him.

"Paige, open the door. I'm tired of yelling back and forth through this damn door." He said. I opened the door because he can't take my son because my son is over Leslie's house.

"You always think somebody playing with you bruh." He said pushing me back to come further in the house.

"Where my son at?" He questioned looking around.

"He's not here because I'm finn go to work inna few hours." I said.

"Where Trilla?" He questioned.

"I don't know, that's your damn friend." I said catching a lil attitude.

"That's your damn man." He said back.

"He's not, but anyways you can go now." I said shooing him off.

"Did you cook lastnight? I'm starving. Can I eat before I leave?" He said then I smacked my lips.

"Go to Jayda's house." I said.

"She back with that damn dude. Since we on that topic lemme tell you bout her ass." He said then grabbed my hand so I could follow him to the kitchen.

"Boy, you just talking your way into getting something eat." I said once we got in the kitchen.

"Nawl for real." He said. "So, she came over my house the other day. Why he came over there acting a damn fool. I kicked both of they retarded asses out." He said.

"She better hope I don't see her ass nowhere because imma beat her ass because she could've killed our damn baby with her lowlife ass." I said rolling my eyes.

"They moving back to wherever the fuck they came from." He said back.

"So what about Kensley?" I questioned.

"She going with her too. Jayda talking bout she gone bring her down here every other week but knowing her ass I'll probably see my child every other month. But I'm not finn fight with her about it because I don't want it to seem like I'm cockblocking her and shit." He said grabbing the left over spaghetti I cooked last night out the fridge. "All you fucking cook is spaghetti." He said once he took the lid off the bowl.

"Because I love pasta." I said shrugging my shoulders. "So, how you holding up with all this?" I questioned.

"Hell, I'm stressed out. My sister don't fuck with me nomore, I swear I would change my whole life around for her. She just won't hear me out, I'm really trying to do better I am. Don't nobody fuck with me like they used to, Hell yo ass trying to keep my son from me. Omeretta ass been having this fuck you type of attitude ever since me and you broke up for good. And you just been treating me bad as fuck too. Like it feels like ain't nobody happy I'm here." He said. As much as I wanted to remind him about all the bad shit he done did to cause this on hisself, but I didn't.

"Lucas don't say that. I'm definitely am happy you are here. If it wasn't for you, Jr wouldn't be here right now. Even though I might act like I can do this on my own, I really can't take care of him by myself. Without you, I probably would've got Jr took from me already just because I'm not built to be a mother but I'm trying." I said then there was knocking on my front door.

"Why don't you act like it? What's the point of being so damn stuck up all the damn time. I regret all the shit I done to you but it happened, there ain't no way to go back into time and fix it. Instead I'm trying to show you and everybody else, I'm maturing. Yes, I got drunk and started running my mouth but that's what drunk folks do. I wasn't even planning on drinking just because my son is there but Trilla came in my house talking me into it and I really do apologize and I understand the reason you trying to keep him from me, but Paige I don't want you to think I'm treating him any different than my other kids, because I'm not. You should know I'm not even built like that. And I definitely wouldn't do you like that, you haven't showed me nothing but loyalty. Why would I even think about treating Jr different than my other kids just because we ain't together. I'm not with none of my other baby mamas." He said then the knocking continued.

"Can we talk about this later?" I questioned then he nodded his head.

"Yea." He said then continued fixing him some spaghetti.

"I'll be back." I said then walked out the kitchen and to the front door. I opened it and it was Jayden.

"Wassup?" I said letting him in.

"Wassup, um, I gotta get some shit off my chest before it's too late." He said walking in then I shut the door behind him.

"Lucas, here so if it's personal can you wait?" I questioned as we sat down on the couch.

"Nawl, I'm finn gone head and head out. I gotta get my kids from Retta's house anyways. Imma come back when you get off work tonight to see my son." Lucas said then headed towards the door.

"Okay, be safe." I said then he left out.

"What y'all got going on?" Jayden said then I scrunched my face up.

"Nothing, what you mean?" I questioned.

"I'm just making sure because I'm really feeling you Paige, Shid I been feeling you since back in the day but I never really made a move because I knew yo ass wasn't the type to do relationships. But now I just can't help it. Like you so ind-" He said but I cut him off.

"So you think I want a relationship right now? Since I been in a relationship, you think it's a chance now? I guess everybody done forgot how heartbroken I was. But to cut to the chase, I'm not built for relationships. Niggas ain't shit." I said.

"Paige, we been friends all our damn lives. Do you think I would actually try to ruin that? I'm not like these other niggas, I actually know your worth. And I'm not finn let these other niggas ruin my chance and I ain't taking no for an answer. Hell even our mamas want us together. That should tell you something." He said.

"Ok, but promise me one thing." I said.

"And what's that?" He questioned.

"That you won't let this relationship ruin our friendship." I said.

"I promise." He said nodding his head.