Chapter 28 ||

Paige Pov:

It's been 2 days since I found out the lowdown ass shit Leslie and Jayden been doing behind my back. And ever since I woke up this morning I been wanting to wreck some shit. Why I didn't have this vibe when I found out? Now I'm just ready to go beat both of they asses.

"Hello?" I said answering my phone.

"Paige, where the fuck have you been? I been picking up your slack these past 2 days while you been where? Doing what? I'm tired of you leaving your job on me just because you know I'm not gone fail you. And then you been ignoring me these past 2 days, what is wrong with you?" My mama snapped.

"Jayden and Leslie been messing around." I said calmly.

"So, you been missing work for that? Paige you is a grown ass woman with a baby, handle your motherfucking responsibilities and quit giving me unnecessary ass excuses." She snapped back.

"You too much worried bout that job than how I'm doing and feeling right now. Damn, is that what's important to you?" I said back.

"No, what's important to me is trying to make you the best version of me. I'm trynna teach you how no matter how hard life get, don't give up. Jr needs a mother that would go above and beyond for him but you're not giving him that right now because you didn't get your ass up for work. You need a job to provide for y'all, so you won't have to depend on nobody. This job is holding a roof over y'all head, providing the clothes on y'all back, and providing food in y'all mouths. So act like it. Don't let Jayden nor Leslie make you put a pause on life because of their actions. I love you, but don't make their actions cause you to fail." She said then hung up the phone.

.
..

"Hell nawl, that's cheating. You can't say nothing to throw a hint." Lexis said while we all played charades. One of Lexis' friends had a lil get together with just a couple of friends so Lexis wanted me to tag along.

"Lexis, you finn have to hit the door with all these strict ass rules." Shardae said.

"Right, ole judge Judy ass." I said then everybody started laughing.

"Fuck all y'all and this damn game." Lexis said back.

"You know black folks can't cooperate on no type of game, it's always somebody cheating." I said then people started agreeing.

"So, Lexis you down here for good?" Jada questioned.

"I was gone stay here for a month or 2 but from the looks of it, I'm staying. I just can't see myself leaving Paige with these lowdown ass folks down here." Lexis said.

"Aww, I love you girl." I said.

"I love you too." She said back.

"Aww, that's some real ass shit." Jada said then the front door opened and guess who? Jayden.

Everybody was happy to see his ass, yea the motherfucker popular.

"Can we go?" I said in Lexis' ear.

"Bitch Hell nawl. You need to let him know that you ain't stressing. And Travis been trynna hop on you, quit acting stubborn." She said back in my ear.