Chapter 10 ||

Paige Pov:

"Paige get out my house, you lowdown for what you did. I get that's your man and all but you really just chose him over our career because his babymama in the fucking hospital and you didn't want him up there with her alone." Leslie snapped.

"Leslie, that is exactly not why. Do you know Lucas was crying that whole night? He thought she was dead, and I had to be there for him not because I don't trust him with her alone. Maybe if you had a relationship for this long, you would understand. I would hate for Lucas to think I'm not there for him because of a stupid performance, and we wouldn't even be doing the shit without him Leslie. You only think about yourself, that girl still haven't even opened her eyes yet and you worried about a damn performance when we gone have plenty more of them." I said then walked out. We been friends since 1st grade, and this was literally our first argument.

My phone started ringing so I grabbed it out my purse as I walked back to my car. It was Lucas.

"Hello." I said answering the phone.

"She up." He responded.

"That's good, I'm bout to go over my mom's house and then Imma come back up there. Need anything?" I said.

"A plate from your mama house because I know she cooked and tell her I said hey." He said.

"Okay, I will. Anything else?" I questioned.

"If you don't mind, get Jayda a plate too. You know she haven't ate since the other night and you know the hospital food is ass." He said.

"Yea Lucas." I said then hung up the phone.

.
..

"Mama!" I yelled out walking in the house.

"Hey phat, I'm in the kitchen." She yelled back. I got the nickname phat when I was little because I was fat as fuck, I'm skinny as hell now and they still call me that.

"Hey mama. What you been up to?" I said hugging her.

"Nothing, your damn sister been getting on my everlasting nerves. I was so close to packing her shit and throwing her at yours and Lucas' door." She joked.

"I'm glad you didn't." I said rolling my eyes.

"Why you say that? What's been going on? Y'all haven't been over in a while." She said giving me her full attention.

"Another babymama." I responded.

"Another babymama?" She said raising her voice.

"Yes, mama. It's a lot. But I'm still here trying to be the supportive girlfriend like always." I said then cracked a fake smile.

"Hey Phat." My sister, Chelsey said coming in the kitchen.

"Hey Chels." I said with a smile. "Why your hair ain't done?" I questioned.

"Because I don't got that type of money to keep getting her hair done when she gone take it before the time it needs to be taken out." Mama said.

"Okay but mama she don't need to be walking around with her head looking like that, like we just poor or something." I said.

"Well how about you get it done." My mama said.

"And I will, because you got my sister looking like I don't even know." I said.

"Girl bye. Chels the food almost ready, go to your room while I talk to your sister right quick." Mama said.

"Imma come get you later on this week to get your hair done." I said then she nodded her head and walked off.

"Paige baby, talk to me." She said.

"You remember when I first started dating Lucas and his lil girl didn't like me and she used to always bring up 'JayBay' to make me mad?" I questioned then she nodded her head.

"Yes I remember that." She said.

"Well the other month, she moved back down here and like all the attention is on her. Do you know me and Lucas barely even have sex? Like he too focused on this damn girl that he barely even focused on me. And then mama the way she made her presence that she was back was at Pooh's birthday. Everybody was there mama, that's so embarrassing and she really outdid herself, she splurged out on Pooh. Like it's not a problem with that but like damn? And then mama she had a lil girl with her that looked just like fucking Lucas. Mama all the shit she did was intentionally. She so called didn't want Lucas in the child's life or whatever she wanted to call it but she brought the lil girl to that party knowing that baby look just like Lucas, knowing that people is gonna talk, and knowing that Lucas' attention is gone be focused on that baby. But you didn't want him to know? And then mama, her boyfriend beats on her. But she so called don't want Lucas to know, but she makes sure Lucas sees it. She don't want Lucas but she going beyond and over to be in his life because the first thing you do to let everybody know you're back is to come to his child's birthday party? And the crazy thing about this all mama, is that Lucas is right there by her side. With her through this all, I understand this is the mother of your child but you gotta think about how your girlfriend feel about all this shit. Mama, her boyfriend bought her to the house and mama she was freaking unconscious and her boyfriend told me to tell Lucas that he can have her since this is where she wanna be. That just confirms all this shit, but if I tell Lucas he gone only get mad at me. Mama you know how much I love Lucas, so you should know how heartbroken I am right now because I know this gone end real soon and I don't want it to mama." I said letting it all out as tears ran down my face.

"And then to top all this off mama, I think I lost Leslie. You know how she is. Once she get into it with somebody she never comes back because she don't do second chances." I said crying even more.

"Paige, you just need a break from everybody. Come home for atleast a week. Get your mind off all this because stress is not what you need. Leslie just called me crying about how she think she lost you and how you choosing a boy over her. You didn't lose her, real friends gone have arguments and bounce back. Paige, this is your first time in life dealing with some horrible shit in life and I know you can't handle it because you're used to everything being so smooth. But baby, it's gonna get better even if you and Lucas don't stay together, just remember you still got God and you ain't never did nobody wrong nor did wrong by God so there's gone still be Gold on the other side." My mama said pulling me into a hug. 

"I love you mama." I said hugging her back.

"I love you too, now stop crying." She said then wiped my tears. "Now I want you to go and tell Lucas you staying the week with me and pack your spend the night bag and come home." She said then I nodded my head. Maybe I do need a break from all this.

.
..