Chapter 22 ||

Paige Pov:

"Damn, you leaving again?" Jayden said as I slid on my slides.

"I mean like if you don't wanna watch Jr, I'll take him with me." I said as he raised up from the bed.

"Naa, it's not him. It's just you haven't even been here for the past few days." He said grabbing my hand.

"I know, I'm just scared something gone happen and I'm not there but I swear I'll be back in a hour, I probably won't even stay that long." I said then he nodded.

"Okay Paige, drive safe." He said then I pecked his lips and left out.

.
..

"Paige, you don't have to be here." Lucas said once I walked in.

"Awl damn, so you want me to leave?" I questioned.

"Nawl, I just know your man tired of you coming up to this hospital to see your babydaddy." He said as I sat down in the chair beside his bed.

"I'm surprised Jayda gone." I said noticing that she wasn't in the room anymore.

"I made her leave to go on out of state with her man because what's the point of her even being here when her nigga did the shit to me. All she was doing was just trynna defend him thinking imma tell the police and shit but hell if that's gone help me to get my daughter back in the courthouse, then I will." He said.

"Have they told you when you get released?" I questioned.

"Yea, tomorrow morning. You gone come get me?" He questioned.

"Yea, Retta said you can stay at her place with her til you're able to take care of yourself." I said.

"Retta Finn he getting on my damn nerves. I just know she getting on Pooh's nerves right now." He said then I let out a laugh.

"You know she is." I said then it went into an awkward silence.

"So, is you happy?" He questioned breaking the silence.

"What you mean? You talking bout am I happy with Jayden?" I questioned.

"Yea." He said shifting in the hospital bed.

"Duh, I'm happy. It's like he knows me so well so he know how to handle me. You feel?" I said then he nodded his head.

"Damn, that kinda hurts." He said holding his heart acting fake hurt. "But if you happy with him, why is you here with me instead of at the house with him? I'm straight now." He added.

"Because if that was me in that hospital bed, I would want somebody by my side. No matter who it is. It would've been lowdown of me just to leave you by yourself and I just don't want you to feel like you in this world alone. Just like our talk from the other day, you said that everybody's against you when they're not and I don't want you to feel like I'm against you because if anything I'm by your side on your side and that will never change even after all the arguments and hurtful shit we said to each other, I just can't ever see me being against you." I said.

"Paige, go home. I'm good now. You got somebody that's waiting for you at home and you here with me, just imagine what's going through his head. You doing the same thing I was doing to you with Jayda and look how the shit ended. Don't make me be the reason your relationship end." He said then I got up and left.

.
..

Once I pulled up in my house, Leslie was pulling up right behind me.

"Child what do you want?" I said once we both got out our cars.

"Bitch why you ain't tell me about you and Jayden?" She said as we walked up to my door together.

"Because yo ugly ass cousin in town and I know how you get to acting when she down here." I said rolling my eyes.

"Bitch don't say that, because I don't be acting different when she down here." She said as I walked in the house with her following behind me.

"Girl bye, everytime she come down here you ignore my calls and always going out without asking me if I wanna come. But yea, I understand you don't be seeing the bitch so you miss her but damn don't do me like that." I said then Jayden came in the living room holding Jr.

"Aww, give me my tt baby." She said getting Jr. "But anyways quit being a crybaby, I'm spending the night tonight." She added.

"No bitch, go home to yo company." I said rolling my eyes.

"Me and her got into it, I was gone kick her ass out but I don't wanna hear my auntie mouth." She said.

"I'm not even gone ask you why because y'all both dumb as fuck." I said.

"Well I'm still gonna tell you why, so that bitch bought some dude in my house while I was sleep and they was being loud as fuck. But the dude's voice was familiar as fuck. Why this bitch fucking with Tony and the hoe gone say some she didn't think I would get mad because I was only fucking with Toney for a month and the shit was years ago. Bitch bye, everybody and they mamas know me and Tony was fucking with each other before we started dating and we still was fucking with each other afterwards. So I went the fuck off and the bitch started bringing up old shit, like from the time I was fucking with Dashawn when she wanted him like she ain't have a whole man. I swear I almost kilt they asses lastnight. But hell I wasn't even planning on leaving my house until the bitch kept walking by my room so I had to get the fuck headed before I ended up stomping a mud hole in that bitch face." She snapped.

"You fucking crazy." Jayden said while laughing.

"Hell, crazy as fuck." I said agreeing with him.

"Nawl because they had me fucked up, and I might've wouldn't have snapped that bad if they wouldn't have woke me up out my sleep and y'all know imma heavy ass sleeper. Can't shit wake me up and Chelsey know I was in the back sleep so that just means she ain't give a fuck." She said as she sat down with Jr in her arms.

"But um before I came over here I went to the hospital to go check up on Lucas." She said with a serious face.

"Wait a minute? How y'all both get here at the same time if you went to go see Lucas too?" Jayden questioned.

"Boy hush, I went and stopped by my mama house after I left from the hospital." I said then playfully mushed his head. "But anyways what was you saying Les." I said looking back at her.

"He told me not to tell you but he's down bad. When I walked in there his eyes was bloodshot red like he been crying for hours. I'm not forcing you to be there for him but he needs somebody. The way he was talking, he was talking like he gone fuck around and commit suicide." She said.

"I gotta go." I said then Jayden grabbed me.

"Naa, we gotta talk." He said then pulled me all the way to the room.

"What Jayden?" I questioned.

"You still got feelings for him? Don't you? Because you so quick to get up and run for him when shit happens." He said.

"Bye Jayden, I'm not finn do this with you." I said then was bout to walk out but he grabbed me again.

"Paige, I swear if you walk out this house right now then it's over. Fuck that friendship we had, and this relationship because this just shows what type of person you is and I don't want any dealings with it." I said then let go of my arm.

"I'm not holding you back." I said then walked out the room.