Chapter 9 ||

Paige Pov:

Everything was going great, especially between me and Lucas. We went a whole month with no arguments, nothing but positivity.

"Bae, did you get the cake?" Lucas yelled out from the kitchen while I was hanging the birthday decorations up. We was getting the place ready for Kensley's birthday.

"No, Leslie on her way with the cake." I yelled back.

"Okay and when Tay bring our shirts over here, you can gone head and get in the shower and I'll finish up." He yelled back then there was a knock on the door.

"I think this her right here." I said walking to the door and I opened it and it was Tay.

"Hey girl." I said letting her in.

"Wassup Tay." Lucas yelled out.

"Hey y'all." She said then handed me the bag with the shirts in it. "The party starts in a hour, y'all not even almost done." She complained.

"Girl, hush. Help Lucas while I get in the shower." I said then walked off to the back.

.
..

Lucas Pov:

"Thank you for the party." Jayda said coming beside me as I stood outside watching all the kids play. Hell, I don't even know these kids but Jayda know everybody down here, so I guess that's how she got this much folks here.

"You don't gotta thank me, you know I like to go all out for my kids." I said smiling then looked at her, this was my first time seeing her happy ever since she moved back down here.

"Yeah, I know." She said. "I'm sorry about what happened." She added ruining my whole mood.

"Can you not bring it up?" I questioned.

"Well Lucas, I don't want there to be no weird vibe between us." She said.

"There already is. Now drop it." I said then Paige approached us.

"Woo, I'm tired. Them kids really worn me out." She said smiling breathing heavy.

"I can tell." I said wiping the sweat off her face then Jayda walked off. "Look at Omeretta dumb ass." I joked as I pointed at Omeretta who was play fighting with the kids.

"Retta, you too grown for that." I yelled out.

"Boy hush, I'm not boring like you." She yelled back and continued playing.

"Yea, daddy boring." Chance yelled out agreeing with his crazy ass mama.

"See, I was gone take you and yo sisters skating next week but you ain't going now." I yelled back.

"I'm finn go back and play with the kids, but you needa be getting the dining room set up, so everybody can come in and she can open her gifts." Paige said sounding like she my mama.

"Okay Mama Paige." I said back with a smirk.

"You get on my nerves." She said walking off.

"Lucas." Tay said walking up to me as I was about to walk off.

"Wassup sis." I said as she walked in the house with me.

"Can I move back in?" She questioned. Hell she be here 24/7, she might as well already stay here.

"You know you can, but why though?" I questioned.

"I got into a bad ass argument with Jayda's lowdown ass boyfriend right before we left, and literally everytime I get into it with him he threatens to put me out. I don't wanna be nowhere where I'm not wanted, and then Jayda don't even say shit to him about it so she must not want me there either." She said. I swear I could really kill that nigga, everytime I hear about him it makes my blood boil.

"Why everybody gotta knows about what goes on in my house? And you already know why I don't say nothing Tay, so why even say that?" I heard Jayda say. I looked over and Jayda was right there.

"Why? Because he put his hands on you?" Tay said.

"Okay, y'all chill out." I said grabbing Tay.

"I'm finn go." Jayda said.

"You finna go? This yo child birthday. The fuck you mean you finna go?" I snapped but instead of replying she walked towards the door and left.

"My bad." Tay said then walked back outside to the backyard. See, the old me would've made her come back inside but fuck that. I'm not finn beg you to stay, hell that shows the how you feel about your daughter's birthday.

I went to the dining room and got it set up with all the gifts on the table getting ready for Kensley to open them.

.
..

"Kensley, come on now. It's time to go to bed." I said trying to get her in the room to go to bed but she didn't want to.

"No, I want my mama." She said crying.

"When you wake up in the morning she'll be here to get you. But if you don't go to sleep she not gone come get you." I said then she walked in the bedroom.

"Don't be lying." She said looking back at me then climbed in the bed with Pooh.

"Girl, go to bed." I said then closed the door and walked to my room.

"Jayda called your phone." Paige said as I climbed in the bed with her.

"She'll be iight." I said wrapping my arms around her and started dozing off.

.
..

Paige Pov:

I woke up to banging on the door and Lucas was knocked out. I looked over at the time and it was 3 in the damn morning.

I got out the bed and walked to the door.

"Who is it?" I yelled out but they didn't say nothing. I swung the door open and Jayda was literally thrown on me causing me to fumble back as she fell on the ground.

"Tell Lucas he can have the bitch since this where she wanna be at." Her boyfriend said then walked off.

I looked down at her and she wasn't moving like at all.