Chapter 8 ||

Paige Pov:

"Baby, please come get me." Lucas said in the phone.

"Bitch fuck you, you better get Jayda to go get yo wanna be hero ass out. You gone learn yo fucking lesson because who the fuck told you to take yo dumb ass over there trynna save that damn girl. And the crazy part about it is I was waiting on yo dusty ass and you over there playing captain save a hoe and ended right up in jail for the bullshit. Tell her to come save you since you call yo self trynna save her ass." I snapped sitting right outside the jail. Y'all know I can't leave my man in this nasty ass place but yea I am mad at this bitch.

"Paige, come get me before Pooh start wondering where I'm at. Quit being childish." He said.

"Pooh straight, you needa learn yo lesson so jailtime will help you. See yo ass on your courtdate." I said then hung up the phone. I grabbed my purse then got out the car.

.
..

"But for real, I get why you trying to help her out but you going too far with it. You're forcing her to leave her relationship like you gone give her love and shit and I bet that's the same thing she thinking, like Lucas you gotta remember that y'all dated from a time in life and that you really liked the girl so if you forcing them to break up what do you think going through her hair? That you still fucking like her and that's the same shit that's going through my fucking head. So, quit putting yo ass in that shit and don't fucking speak to her unless it's about yo child and if you can't do that then I'm leaving yo ass because I told you from the get that this was gone be some damn drama and you simply told me it's not multiple of times but look where it's at now." I snapped but he didn't say nothing instead he just put his seat back low and closed his eyes like he didn't listen to shit I said.

"You need to grow the fuck up." I said then started the car. I can feel a whole lot of shit changing because of this girl and I know I can feel a heartbreak coming soon.

.
..

"Who is it?" Leslie yelled out.

"Bitch open the door." I said then she swung the door open.

"So y'all hanging with each other now? Without me?" I said seeing Tay on the couch.

"Girl hush. Anyways, I heard Lucas shot the man in the foot." Leslie said laughing.

"In the damn foot." I said laughing with her. I slick didn't think the shit was funny, I was slick mad and hurt about the shit just because of the situation that led to it. But I had to stay strong because I hate being the depressed friend.

"That's what his ass get." Tay said laughing along with us.

"But for real, how do you feel about this whole situation." Leslie said giving me a serious face.

"How am I supposed to feel? Hell that's them." I said shrugging my shoulders as I walked over to the couch. "Anyways, Jay having a party tomorrow night and he said we can perform our song there." I added with a smile.

"Tay you still needa go to the store?" Leslie questioned looking over at Tay. I know this bitch ain't just ignore what I just said.

"Yea, but you don't gotta take me right now." She replied.

"Here." She said tossing her, her keys. "Bring me back some hot fries if you don't mind." She added.

"Bet, you need something Paige?" Tay said looking over at me.

"Just bring me some hot fries too, thank you." I said then she headed out.

"I know when something is wrong with you, you know you can talk to me about anything Paige. Don't hold this shit in." Leslie said sitting beside me.

"Ain't nothing wrong with me." I said letting out a smile but the tears was forming in my eyes.

"But you finn cry." She said.

"I'm good though, for real Leslie I'm straight." I said wiping my tears.

"No, you is not Paige." She said then wrapped her arms around me.

"It's just the fact that we been together for years and then his ex come back and he wanna change? He acts like he don't care about shit I say but so ready to be captain save a person to his ex. Like I get you don't want her getting beat on but you going all out to way to accomplish that mission. He rather be in jail over some shit like that than to be free and take care of his kids and that just shows how important that girl is to you. One minute we straight the next minute we not, like damn we was so perfect before his ex came in the picture." I vented.

"Go home to your man, you need to tell him everything you just told me or things won't get better. Communication is key to a relationship Paige. I really love you and Lucas together, this the happiest relationship I done ever seen you in don't make it go sour, and don't let him make it go sour either. He done changed you into a very mature woman, I don't think he got it in him to break yo heart. Y'all in too deep to be fucking up now." She said then my phone started ringing and it was him.

"Hello?" I said answering the phone.

"Where you go?" He questioned.

"I came over Leslie's house, but I'm finn be on my way back home. Why?" I questioned.

"Because I'm hungry. You cooking that steak you got on the counter thawing out?" He questioned as I stood up from the couch.

"Yea, I was gone make Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers." I said.

"Why that?" He questioned.

"Because my mama asked me to make it, her and my sister coming by too. I forgot to tell you that." I said.

"Okay, hurry back. We gotta talk." He said then I said ok and hung up.

"Imma hit you up later on." I said to Leslie as I grabbed my car keys.

"Put us up a plate, me and Tay gone swing by." She said.

"Okay." I said then headed out.

.
..