Chapter 02

I wake up to the soft sound of morning coming from my phone and the ray of sunlight hitting my eyes through the curtains. I wake up and turn off my phone alarm that was next to my pillow and got up to open the curtains. I head for the restroom and wash up. I got ready and headed for work.

As I walk into the building, people bow down and greet me while I simply nod at them.

I get up to the 24th floor in a 25 story building. As I walk out of the elevator my assistant, Suho hands me my daily coffee and a folder of papers of what needs to be done today while I hand him my bag. He explains what's on the papers and when I get to my office I place the coffee down while sitting on a chair at my desk as I'm reading the paper work and he places my bag on the side of my desk.

"Oh and, you have a meeting today," he says.

I look up from the pile of papers, confused.

"What?"

"Mr. Yixing said that umm.. the boss wants to sit down and talk about this new project cause it's kind of big and important..?"

I am in total disbelief. We should've had a meeting and talked about EVERY SINGLE PROJECT WE DID ! NOT JUST THIS. But I'm a professional, so I should keep my calm. I nod while asking him if there was anything else that I needed to know. He says no and walks out of my office. I then review the paper work and all the other things that need reevaluating.

At 10:30AM, Suho knocks at my door. He walks in while I'm finishing up some documents and he says,

"The meeting ?"

"Okay." I replied.

I save the document and get out of my seat and started heading for the elevator. I click the up button which I haven't clicked in a while and waited for the elevator.

"Umm.. Aren't you nervous ?"

I look at Suho, who seemed to be a little anxious about this meeting.

"No. Why ? Are you ?" I asked.

"Yes .. a little .."

"Calm down. I'm pretty sure it'll be okay."

Suho nods at my advice and tries to calm down by looking at the ground and breathing in and out slowly. The elevator arrives and we get on. I press the 25th floor and the door closes.

I'm not going to lie, I was sort of annoyed at the fact that I didn't get an earlier notice about this meeting. Why was this project so important that this boss of mine decides it's finally time for us to meet ? I tried to make sense at what was going on but there's no time to think it through because the elevator has arrived on the 25th floor and I found myself stepping out and see Yixing waiting for us. He welcomes us and leads us to the couches that were outside 2 rooms and in front of the front desk where a woman who looked sharp was typing and looked up to give us a smile.

"He will be right with you." She said.

I nod and took a seat on the sofas and Suho followed. Moments later, the front desk lady got up and opened one of the doors to the 2-door room.

"Ms. Yoon, nice to finally meet you."

To my surprise, I see a tall middle-aged, nicely dressed, good looking man that walked out from the room. Not only that .. WTF .. He's from last night at the bar. As he walks over and I stand up, he brings up his hand and I take it in a handshake.

"Nice to finally meet you too, .. uh .. sir." I tried to keep my mind straight and said a few words that didn't sound that bad. Except for that 'uh .. sir', of course.