Chapter 10

*Katalk*

I checked to see who it was.

"I'm waiting outside your door."

It was Kris. Perfect timing. Christina helped me with clothes and make-up and left about 15 minutes ago. It was now 7:30 PM. I grabbed my little clutch and my thin white overall. I didn't put it on because I didn't feel like it would be cold outside yet. I turn off the lights as I walk to the door. I put on my black heels that matched this dress and opened the door to step out and see Kris in his tuxedo. He looked amazing..

I tried to calm myself down as I closed the door. He smiles and that didn't help at all. My heart beat even faster. He must've noticed cause he smirked. I got used to it by now. He gestured for me to hook arms with him. I do as he waits and we started heading for the elevator.

Once we got to the docks, Kris got out of his and came around while one of the valet boys opened my door. I got out and saw that Kris waited. I took him by the arm again and we started heading for the entrance to the cruise.

I never imagined myself attending one of these parties. I wasn't the head of the company, so there would be no reason for me to come. As we walked into the main room, I see owners of different companies. We were escorted to a table and once we got there, the head of Prestige Inc. greeted us with a smile.

"Ah~ Mr. Wu and Ms. Yoon. So nice that you both could make it," says the older man.

"Thank you for inviting us," Kris says as we both bowed.

"Please, take your seats."

I didn't expect us to be seated with Prestige. I didn't really want to be seated here, because I knew JongIn was going to sit at this table. But where else can we go ? Kris pulled out my chair and I sat on it casually. Kris then makes himself comfortable next to mine. There were 3 others at our table, Prestige's head's best friend and partner, his wife, and their son. To my surprise, it was the guy that Christina was arguing in the kitchen last night. We made eye contact and he smiled and I also did the same and gave a light bow.

"You two know each other ?" Kris asked and everyone at the table looked from me to him.

"We know each other through a friend," the guy answered.

Well.. He wasn't technically lying.. Everyone just nodded and the men started talking about business. While we were all talking, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up to see who it was. Of course, I knew he was going to show up. JongIn was standing next to a pretty lady and smiled down at me.

"You made it," he said.

I turned back forward, trying to ignore him.

"Ah, JongIn and JiEun. Everyone, this is my daughter and her fiancé, also my second in command," says the older man.

JongIn and the girl bowed down as everyone greeted them at the table and then sat down. JongIn sat next to me and the girl sat next to her father.

"So, I heard Ms. Yoon and JongIn went to the same college ?" JiEun asks.

I look at her and smile.

"How was he during college ?" she continues.

"I didn't really know him during college," I lied.

"No way, JongIn told me you guys were pretty close."

"Haha, I think you've heard wron-"

"Oh come on, Justine. Don't be like that," JongIn interrupts.

I look at him and he was smiling his cocky smile at me.

"I didn't think we were close," I replied.

"Oh, well.. How about we all get along from now on ?" JiEun says with a cute innocent smile.

I didn't want to, but because there were many people around, all I did was just smile at her. Dinner was served shortly after and there were some speeches made by some people congratulating 10 successful years of Prestige. People started to spread out and talk amongst themselves. I needed some air and so I stepped out for a bit.

The cold air felt good. We were away from the city and I can see the night lights. It looked so pretty and it was nice to be away from all the honking and the crowds. I went over to the peak of the boat and leaned forward. I closed my eyes and breathed in the cold salty air.

It was a little chilly and so I gave a little shiver. Then I felt a warm jacket being placed on me. I turned to see who it was and it was Kris.

"What are you doing out here ?" I asked.

I thought he would be talking to others about business and trying to make a good relationship with them.

"I could ask you the same question," he smirked.

I realized that I was wearing his jacket and tried to take it off.

"Keep it on. You look cold in that dress," he demands.

"It's oka-"

"Justine."

He sounded so firm, I couldn't say no. I looked forward and tried to keep my mind clear.

"So how is the seduction coming along ?" he asks.

I turned to look at him and he was smiling. Not smirking. Smiling.

"Haha, I think you know the answer to that question," I answered.

He gave a light chuckle.

"Why would you say that ?"

"I don't know, because I tried and failed 2 times ?"

"Who says you failed ?"

"Oh please, you look at me like I'm some joke."

"Well, I think you need to get your eyes checked, cause I thought you were pretty hot when you stepped out from your door."

I looked at him with my eyes round.

Wait .. What ?? He thinks I'm hot-

"It's getting cold, we should head in," he says.

I was still trying to process this situation. He then grabs my hand and pulls me towards him. I followed him inside and he looks back at me while walking inside and smiles.

My heart flutters.

Wait .. What ..?