Chapter 14

I don't know if it was due to the fact that I forgot to turn the AC off before I went to sleep, or the fact that I was uncomfortable in my sleep, or maybe it was because I stressed myself too much over the paper works, but I'm not feeling very well. Of course, I still had to come to work.

My head was a little dizzy and I was sweating a little, but I think I can handle it. I am pretty healthy.

While I was going over some of the contracts we had with other companies, there was a knock on my door. I looked up to find that Suho had his head inside.

"Kris needs you in his office," he says.

I nod at him. I look at the clock and it was already 5:47 PM.

"Suho, you can leave now," I said as I walked out of my office.

"Umm, you don't look too well. Are you sure it's okay for me to leave ?" he really did look concerned.

I smiled at him and told him a little excuse that I was just tired. He nodded.

I got on the elevator and went upstairs. I walked up to his office and opened the door.

"Knock."

I stopped at what he said, went back to the door, knocked twice, and then I started walking towards his desk again.

"You needed me ?"

He nodded without looking up from his work. This was the first time we're seeing each other after what happened on Sunday. I wasn't able to face him. He did something to me that I couldn't really handle. If it wasn't about work, I don't think I can really keep anything from him. If I were to be found out about my feelings, it will be too awkward for us as coworkers, neighbors, and even as just acquaintances.

I tried to keep my cool. He looked really good when he's concentrated on his work. Due to my head being a little dizzy, I think he looks even hotter. I couldn't look straight. This wasn't good. I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes. I shook my head while telling myself to keep it together.

"Justine, remember Prestige's contract ? I was wondering if we can change the wording on section 12 ?"

"Uhh, yes. I can do that."

"Okay, good. And also on section 6. Come here," he fingers for me to come closer to him.

I took a step towards him and I felt everything go blank. I swayed a little and my right ankle got twisted. I fell to the side in an instant. I didn't know what was going on. I tried to focus and shook my head to get rid of the feeling.

I felt someone grab my arm and waist while trying to help me up. I was then lead to the couches. I sat down.

"Are you okay ? What's wrong ?" Kris asked.

Even though I heard what he was saying, I couldn't process it in my head.

"Justine ?"

I looked at him after my mind became more clear. I saw him on his knees on the floor in front of me. He looked worried. I've never seen his face like this before. I was confused as to what was going on.

"Justine, are you okay ?"

I still couldn't answer him. He then lifted his hand and placed it on my forehead. I flinched and moved away from him.

"I'm fine," I answered while pushing his hand away from my head.

I tried to get up from my seat but there was pain in my right ankle. I quickly sat back down. Kris noticed that my ankle was hurting. He grabbed my ankle gently. I flinched again at his touch and tried to move my leg away but then he tightened his grip slightly, not so hard so that it hurt but I still couldn't get away. He slowly grabs the heels with his other hand and takes them off.

"Kris-"

"You twisted your ankle," he cuts off.

"I'm fi-"

"You also have a slight fever."

"It's not that ba-"

"Justine."

He raised his head to look up at me. I flinched when he made eye contact. He looked angry. I don't know why he's angry, but I didn't like how he looked. I felt like I did something wrong.

"Sorry..."

I didn't know what to say other than 'sorry'. I don't know what I did wrong, but I feel like I should apologize.

"Why are you apologizing ?" he sighed.

I didn't answer because I really didn't know the answer to that question. Kris then gets up from the floor. I tried to get up too but he pressed me down to the seat.

"Stay."

I did as he said. I don't think I should upset him right now. Wait. But I don't even know what I did wrong .. Why is he mad ? There's nothing to be mad about.

Kris walks up to his desk and cleans the paper work and puts them in his suitcase. He types a few things really quickly on the computer and clicks the mouse a few times. He then straightens up and walks towards me.

"Come on," he said as he helped me get up from the couch.

"Wait, what ?"

He ignores my question and takes me outside. We go downstairs in silence. I was so confused as to what was going on. I couldn't tell what he was trying to do. We get to my office and he makes me sit on the couch again. He walks up to my desk and cleans the files on my desk. He then grabs my bag and comes back to me.

"Wait, Kri-"

I was cut off my him pulling me up again. We head to the elevator once more and we go all the way down to the basement.

"Kris, I have work to do," I complained as we headed for his car.

"I'm your boss."

"What about my car ?"

"Leave it."

"Kris-"

"Just get in," he says as he opens the door.

"But-"

"Justine."

He looked so serious. I was a little upset at the fact that he kept cutting me off and wanting me to do as he says. He wasn't like himself right now. I didn't know what to say either. He was kind of scary and I didn't want things to go wrong. I silently got into his car without saying anything else. He closes the door and walks over to the driver's side. He gets in, turns on the engine, and starts driving.