Chapter 21

"JongIn ... I can't ..."

"................"

"Why did you decide to tell me after all this time ....?"

"................."

"You're really cruel ..."

"... I know ..."

"I can't ..."

".................."

We were still at the bench in the park. Tears were falling from my eyes and JongIn voice was also shaking. After he told me what happened, I wanted to just tell him everything that was in my heart.

"You are so unfair... If you had called me, if only you had told me that it was all a lie... I would've believed you... I was hoping that it was a lie... Do you know how much it hurt ...? What was it that kept you ? You're pride ? Your friends ? What ? And what's the point you're telling me now ? So I went through all the trouble just so you can come to me and tell me that you actually loved me ? ...You're so... Cruel ..."

My eyes were blurry with my tears. But I still turned my face towards him and tried to see. When there was no reply from him, I stood up from frustration and my feet started moving. I wanted to get away but JongIn caught me and pulled me back.

"Justine ... I'm so sorry..." he says.

I turned to him and looked up to his face. I felt his hands gently wiping away the tears that were still falling. His hands were so warm but I pushed them away.

"JongIn, what do you want me to do ? I can't go back to you... My mind keeps reminding me of all the time I've cried for you and you weren't there for me... It keeps reminding me that you still made a bet... There's still pain in my heart and I don't know if I can handle this every time I see you... You also have a fiancé... Don't you feel guilty ?"

JongIn had his head down and didn't look up to meet my eyes.

"This is not going to work ... I'm sorry ..." I said and turned around to leave him.

He didn't catch me the second time. I was glad he didn't. My heart felt like it was being ripped to pieces. My mind was blank. All I felt was sadness. My eyes were burning with tears and as soon I got into my door, I plopped down with the door as my support and started to let out loud cries, knowing no one could hear me.

I cried for a while, and now I was just sitting on the floor in front of my door. Then I felt vibration coming from my stomach. I reach in to the pouch of my sweater and took out my phone. I took a glance at the screen to find Christina's caller ID. I hesitate, but my fingers still swiped the green call button. I brought the phone up to my ear and just waited.

"... Justine ? Hello ? You there ?"

Christina's voice was more calming that I thought.

"...Yea..." I finally answered.

"... Hey, what's wrong ? Are you okay ?"

I felt my lips start to tremble and I knew I was going to cry again.

"...No..." I let out a small cry.

"I'm heading over right no-"

She was cut off. I looked at the phone and realized that it wasn't because of bad connection. I was debating whether or not I should call her again. It wasn't like her to hang up that fast. But I decided to wait.

After a while, my doorbell rang. And I was still sitting at the same place. I stood up to answer the door. I see Christina's face cringe with confusion. She grabs the door and walks in as I walk to the living room. She wasn't talking. All she did was follow me and when we both sat down on the couch, she hugged me before saying anything. I felt her rubbing my back to comfort me and that's when I realized tears were falling.

I dug my face to the curve of her neck and whimpered out my cries. I hear her whispering comforting words and I knew I was going to be alright. She did the same thing back then, and since I became better because of her, I know I will be okay. This reassuring thought helped me calm down and explain to her what happened.

Of course, Christina wouldn't be Christina if she didn't start using all curse words in the world while getting mad for me. After a while, she finally managed to make me let out a small laughter from her clever wits and that's when we finally decided to drop the topic and have an all-nighter movie date and eat a whole bunch of junk.

Good thing Korea had deliver 24/7. We ordered all sorts of food and started pigging out. She also made my favorite desserts from what I had in my fridge and made my life so much better than what it was a few hours ago. And even though we promised an all-nighter, we couldn't help but fall asleep in the living room with the Disney movies still playing in the orderly fashion we set it up as. And just like the song that was playing in the movie, I let it go.

A/N: Don't judge me because I was listening to Let It Go while writing this chapter !