Chapter 06

To my surprise, his house was already organized and didn't seem as if he just moved in 2 days ago.

"You finished unpacking in a day ..?" I asked, surprised.

"No, I moved in about 2 weeks ago."

I turned around and looked at him confused.

"I unpacked slowly and got all the furniture. I was done with everything this week."

Okay, well, how come I didn't know you moved in 2 weeks ago ..?

"What do you want to drink ?"

"Anything, but nothing strong."

He nods and walks into the kitchen while taking off his necktie.

"Feel free to take a seat in the living room," he calls out from the kitchen.

I slowly walk over to where the TV and the couches were. I sat down on the one that faced the TV and looked around. His house was very simple, much like his office. But his house had a tint of cream and brown to the neatly organized furnitures.

As I was looking around, Kris comes with 2 cups in his hands and hands one to me. I grab it and take a sip. It was light, sweet and tangy. I actually liked it.

"You like it ?" he asks.

I nod while taking another sip. He chuckles at my reaction and takes a drink out of his cup too.

"So, what was that a while ago ?" he asks.

I was hoping he didn't bring it up.

"Nothing."

"Oh come one, I'm pretty sure that coming in for a drink means that we were going to talk."

I knew that.. It's just..

"I barely know you.."

"What ? After all we've been through ?"

"Excuse me ..?"

"You know we saw each other 3 days ago at the bar, the next day we see each other at work, yesterday we found out we were neighbors, and today I catch you with some guy and you were bawling."

I was surprised. I didn't think that Kris was the type of person who would talk in such an informal way.

"Doesn't mean I have to explain everything to you. And I was not bawling."

He smirks.

"Maybe this was why he played around with you," he said and lifted his drink.

What ..? I gave him a look.

"I mean, you don't know how to talk to guys."

"Ha ...." I looked at him with disbelief, "Oh like you know how to talk to girls ?" I mocked.

"Actually, yes. I do," he says with a cocky smile while looking straight into my eyes.

"Did you call me over so that you can make fun of me ?"

"Who says I'm making fun of you ?"

"Then what are you doing right now ?"

"I'm just telling you why you went through what you went through."

"But you don't know anything about me."

"Then tell me."

I don't get where he's going with this. But I cannot stand people who misunderstand me and go around saying things that aren't true.