Chapter 24

"KyungSoo-ssi ?"

"Did Christina not tell you that it was going to be me ?" he said as he sat down with a smile.

"Actually, no," I replied.

"Are you disappointed ...?" he asked cautiously.

"Of course, not," I beamed a smile.

I was glad that it was him more than anyone else. Just because I've met him once and I know what he does. It wouldn't be as awkward to talk to him. After ordering, the food arrived and by then, we were talking like we had met years ago.

"So she just came up to you and just like that ?" I asked.

"Yea, she just walked into my kitchen and looked around. At first, I thought she was a health inspector and so I didn't really think much of it. But then she asked one of the employees who the executive chef was. I went up to her and the first thing she blurted out was, 'YOU'RE the chef ?' I mean, I know I look pretty scrawny compared to most guys, but I'm still a man."

"Oh, please. You're not that scrawny," I laughed.

He looked at me like he didn't believe me. My laugher stopped.

"Okay, maybe a little..." I continued. "But it's not like we mistake you as a little boy."

"Ooh, ouch. That's harsh, Justine," he cringed his face and pretended like he was in pain.

I laughed. He wasn't what I had expected. He was really easy to talk to. And without even knowing, I had Kris out of my mind.

When we were done, KyungSoo offered to take me home, and since I didn't have a ride anyways, I accepted. I glanced to where Kris and YooJin would be out of curiosity, but as expected, they already left. I turned my attention back to KyungSoo. Throughout the whole night, we never seized to stop talking. I don't remember the last time I actually enjoyed meeting someone new. When we got to my apartment, he opened the door for me like a gentlemen. This made me smile as I got out of the car.

"Do you want to come in for a cup of tea ? Or coffee ?" I asked.

I didn't want to be rude and send him off without offering him a drink.

"That sounds great, but I should probably get back. It's getting pretty late," he politely declined.

I smiled at how he was being considerate. We said our goodnights and he drove off. Once his car was out of sight, I went upstairs to my apartment. I got to my door and punched in the password. The door beeped as I opened the door.

Suddenly, I felt someone push me in from behind as they also walk into my house. I was shocked at the surprise. I turned around to face who it was while trying to say something, but as soon as I turned around and look up to see Kris.

"Kris, what are you doing ?"

But there was no answer. I don't know what he's thinking. Why does he always have an angry face on ?

"You scared me. What's wrong with you ?"

My voice came out more fierce than I intended, but he still didn't give me an answer despite my annoyance. I won't lie, I'm getting sick of him barging into my house and if I ask him why, he doesn't answer. Not only that, I was sick of how much I try to get to him, but he won't budge. He doesn't care.

And that hurts.

I want to love like how they do in movies. Why is it that my love is always crushed before it can fully bloom ? I felt the tears swelling up. I didn't want Kris to see that I was hurt because that would tell him my feelings and who knows what he might do ? He might separate himself from me forever, not like it was any different from now. But I still didn't want him to see my tears.

I turned away from him and took off my shoes to go inside. I took a few steps before I felt him grab my arm. I was about to protest due to the desperation rising up in me to get away, but his lips stop mine before I could open it.

It took me awhile to realize what was going on. I tried to get away from his touch so I pushed his chest and our lips part for a split second. I tried to catch my breath as we were separated but Kris took the opportunity of my parted lips to deepen the kiss. His tongue was now swimming in my mouth, driving me crazy. He pushed my me back against the wall and moved his body closer to mine. One of his legs forced my legs apart and he swung an arm around to draw me near to him. I had both my hands on his chest struggling to get him off me.

He suddenly grabbed both my wrists and forced it behind me and held it one of his hands as the other hand grabbed the back of my neck so that I was unable to move away from the kiss. Everything was so shocking and my mind went blank. I lost control of the tears that I was trying to hold in earlier and closed my eyes.

Although he was holding onto my neck, I managed to turn my head to the side to catch my breath. But he caught it again in an instant. I moved my head again, but I called him out this time.

"Kris-"

It was almost a whisper and as quickly as I broke off the kiss, he brought me back to him. He kept pushing himself onto me. So then I stopped struggling because it was no use. He held me tight and it was hard to move. I gave in and let him go until he decided to finally break it off.

As I stopped the movements of struggle, his lips were becoming more gentle but it was still a firm kiss. I whimpered as his touch became softer and made my heart beat faster. As I let out the small cry, he started to slowly break the kiss. He slowly left my swollen lips that were breathing heavy due to lack of oxygen.

The only sounds that were resounding in my ears were that of our breathing. He loosened his hold on my wrists and moved his hand to cup my face with both hands. I opened my eyes and saw his collarbone right in front of my eyes. My eyes were half open and I was still trying to calm my beating heart. He then gently lifts my head and I had no choice but to look into his eyes.

He saw that I was crying and cringed his face at me. He moved his thumb over my cheeks to wipe the tears away. I lowered my gaze so that I don't have to see his face.

"...Justine..."

I closed my eyes and a drop of tear fell again by the way he said my name.

"Why do you always try to escape from me ...?" he continued.

Because you do things to me that I can't handle... But my lips were shut tight.

"... Justine, look at me..."

His voice was so tempting, I gather up the courage to look up to him. He had a longing expression on his face and it was tearing my heart apart.

"You go to other men... When you have me waiting right in front of you..."

My mind was going crazy at his voice, his touch, his words, and his face. I turned my face away so that I could calm myself down a little. I felt his hands moving away from my face. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his forehead up to the curve of my neck.

"I'm not letting you go."