Chapter 25

--Kris--

I heard her door beep open and close. As soon as she was inside the house, I came out of mine to check on her. But right before I was about ring the doorbell, I hear her cries.

I ran out of some beer so I went to the store. While I was coming back, I happened to pass by the park and noticed that Justine was there with JongIn. I didn't mean to in a bad way, but I kind of eavesdropped on their conversation.

I didn't listen to the whole story because I felt like I was intruding. The last part I heard was about how he couldn't stop thinking about her after they broke up. I don't know if she knows, but I could hear the regret and self-hatred coming from JongIn. And knowing her, I had the idea that she was going to accept him back into her life.

So why was she crying now ? I really wanted to ring the doorbell and give her a tight hug. But something in me stops me and I turn around to go back into my apartment.

------

"So, the reason why you called me is cause you wanted to talk about business ?" YooJin asked accusingly.

"Of course, why else ?" I replied.

"Ugh, Kris, I could read you like a book. Spill it, who is she ?"

YooJin might be the most scariest person I know. Even if I really called her for business, she literally read me like a book. But I can honestly say that I needed her. Because she knows me so well, there's no point in me having a mask on.

We were sitting on the couches in my office and she had her arms across her chest with her right leg crossed over her left leg. I laughed a little because we both knew there was something troubling me. Of course I knew that this was going to happen so as expected, I just let it out.

"You're such a baby," she judged.

"You're such a b*tch."

"It's my charm."

"No."

Her face became >:/

"You should really talk to her about it," she continued.

"I told you, she's already-"

"Shut up ! Ugh, you sound so mopey. You don't know if she actually is with him now. All you need to do is talk to her."

"It's not that easy, YooJin. Every time I see her, all I want to do is pull her into my arms and keep her for myself. I know I sound like a creep. But whenever she talks, all I can do is imagine her lips on mine. Whenever I hear her voice, all I want her to do is call my name. Whenever I see her eyes, I want to tell her that I love her. Every time I pass by her door, I want to press the doorbell so she can open the door for me. I want to go inside and cuddle with her throughout the whole night and wake up to her sleeping face. I want to make her breakfast and I want to eat her dinner. But I'm afraid that these feelings would chase her away..."

"I swear, you're such a drama queen," YooJin states.

She suddenly gets up from her chair and goes to the door. She opens it slightly and stick her head out.

"Can you call Miss Yoon up ? Kris needs to talk to her," she told my front desk.

I look at her dumbfounded as she walks back to me. She comes around and gets her bag from the couch. I was still speechless and staring at her with an unbelievable look on my face. She finally looked at my face and smiled.

"Oh please, be a man."

She was about to walk out the door but I caught her before she left.

"Oh no, you are not leaving me to talk to her alone," I said.