BakuDeku (Bakugo x Midoriya)

Midoriya had wanted to go home by himself. He had wanted to enjoy the nice sunny and warm day by himself and maybe get a popsicle or two on his way- but someone had different plans. He would still do those things, yes, but he would be doing them with the one person who couldn't tolerate him. Or at least, he made it seem that way.

It had started when he was talking about the nice day with Todoroki in class.

"It such a nice day! Don't you think?" Midoriya said cheerfully, smiling up at Todoroki, who only smiled back softly with a nod.

"It is. I was planning on going to see my mother today. What are you going to do?"

"Oh! I'm just going to walk. Maybe watch the sunset.." his eye lit up with a wide grin, "You could join me after you visit your mom if you'd like! It seems like a waste to spend such a nice day on my own." Todoroki opened his mouth to reply but someone spoke first.

"Actually, I'm going with him. No need to waste your breath." They both looked over to the source to see Bakugo, hands in his pockets and a glare on his face as usual.

"Kacchan-"

"Shut it Deku. I'm going with you, whether you like it or not." He growled out, looking up when Aizawa walked into the room. He gave Todoroki a glare before he headed to his seat. The green haired male looked up at the other with a questioning look, but he only returned a small shrug before heading to his seat. He did the same, sighing. What was up with him?

——

Midoriya was at his locker once school was over, grabbing his things. He closed his locker and turned only to come face-to-chest with Bakugo.

"O-Oh! Kacchan!" He squeaked out nervously, "I thought you were joking about joining me.."

"Of course not, idiot." Bakugo rolled his eyes, "C'mon. Before anyone starts asking questions." He walked out quickly, having Midoriya quickly scramble after him. He soon caught up, awkwardly walking beside him. He was trying to understand why the blond would want to walk with him- he always went great lengths to avoid him the best he could. He always tried to bring him down and make him believe he would never reach his level. Always made him believe he was less than nothing. So why would he bother trying to be nice to him?

"You talk to much." He heard Bakugo grumble, making his face flush. He had been muttering what was on his mind, like he always happened to do whether he realized it or not.

"S-Sorry Kacchan." They continued walking in silence before they walked past a small stand. He paused and looked over, his face lighting up when he saw the ice cream arrays the stand had. He glanced over at the blond, seeing his familiar annoyed look and his excitement dropped. He began shuffling back toward him when Bakugo grabbed his arm and dragged him back.

"Pick one."

"Wh-What?"

"You heard me. Pick one." Midoriya flushed and looked down at the ice creams, biting his lip. After a minute or so of thinking he chose a popsicle the shape of a watermelon slice. Bakugo got his own- plain vanilla. He had begun to pull out his wallet when Bakugo pulled out his own and paid for it without a bat of an eye.

"K-Kacchan! You didn't have to pay!" He said quickly, biting his lip as he took his popsicle. He only rolled his eyes in response and began walking again, Midoriya quickly catching up beside him. He gently sucked on his popsicle, his eyes down as he walked. It was a nice silence, only a few people were out considering the sun was starting to set. There were faint conversations and birds chirping.

"Oh wow.." the green haired male whispered, stopping once again once they were on a bridge, gazing out at the sunset on the horizon, a wonderful ombré of oranges, yellows and baby pinks. It reflected across the river that traveled under the bridge. He hadn't realized his jaw was hung open, quickly closing it before he looked over at Bakugo.

His eyes were also to the horizon, a soft expression on his face. Midoriya blushed lightly, examining the look he had. He hadn't realized how long he was staring until Bakugo decided to speak up.

"You gonna admire me Deku or you gonna watch the sunset like you wanted?" He asked, not as harsh as he had been earlier. His eyes drifted to him as he sucked off the remains of his popsicle. He smirked and tilted his head, "Or am I a better view?" He asked nonchalantly, his ruby eyes just sparkling with mischief.

"I- Uh.. I wasn't.." he trailed off, his face heating up impossibly more. He looked away quickly, going back to licking up his popsicle. He felt an arm brush against his own and realized the hot head had moved closer to him. He didn't say anything- but he only moved closer when he didn't hear a disapproval. He only stopped when Midoriya could feel his breath on his cheek, a small shiver running through him.

"Deku.." He cooed softly after a while. The green haired male slowly turned to him, his eyes gazing up at him.

"Yeah Kacchan?" He replied softly. Bakugo only moved in closer. Midoriya didn't have time to react before their lips were pressed together. He dropped the rest of his popsicle, his arms instinctively wrapping around the blond's neck as he kissed back. They stayed like that for a bit longer- Bakugo being the first to pull away. He smirked and unwrapped his arms from his neck to take his hand, beginning to walk again.

"If that wasn't obvious enough- I like you." He said plainly, glancing back at Midoriya's flushed face, "So I can wait until you decide if you wanna go out with me-"

"I do." He quickly squeaked out, squeezing Bakugo's hand a bit. He seemed startled but it was quickly replaced with a small smile.

"Great. Cause I would've had to beat Todoroki's ass for trying to swoon you over." He said confidently, pulling Midoriya closer to wrap around him. He giggled in response and leaned against him.

"Who would've known someone like you would be so nice?"

"I keep a good act.. now shut up and walk faster. We gotta get you home."

Word Count: 1059 words