EraserMic (Aizawa x Hizashi)

Aizawa couldn't sleep. He'd been trying and trying for the past hour and a half, but he just couldn't sleep. Normally, he could fall asleep any moment he wanted- hell, he even fell asleep in his class while Midnight taught his students. But in those moments, he had her voice and the voices of everyone else to soothe him. At home, he had no one. Even his cat, who was usually going around with her little paws and letting out continuous meows, was eerily silent.

Aizawa glanced over at his phone, contemplating whether to call his boyfriend or not. He was sure he was up- it wasn't that late and any way he would wake up the second his personalized ringtone went off. But he didn't want to be a bother either. He didn't want to interrupt him if he was grading papers or if he was asleep.

After 10 more minutes of trying to sleep in his own he caved in and grabbed his phone. He could feel tears of frustration building behind his eyes but he refused to cry. He couldn't cry over something like this- he wasn't that weak. He repeated that to himself as he dialed his boyfriend's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hey babe." Hizashi's voice instantly set him at ease, a small, relieved sigh escaping his lips, "Why are you up? You're usually tuckered out by now." Aizawa could hear the rustling of papers through the speaker.

"Can you come over?" Aizawa was upset with himself over how small and weak his voice sounded. He was sure he worried Hizashi now, he was always a worried. There was a few minutes of silence but he could hear rapid movements through the speaker- first the sounds of papers, then a laptop closing, then footsteps and clothing ruffling. He was packing up to see him.

"I'll be right over, okay? I'll be there soon Sho." Hizashi's voice was soothing and gentle. Aizawa was grateful he knew that's what he needed that moment, "I'll even stay on the phone with you. Are you in bed already?"

"Yeah, I'm in bed." Aizawa mumbled, slipping off his bed, "I'm gonna go unlock the door though- for when you get here."

"Okay babe, just get back in bed after, don't wait by the door like last time." Aizawa smiled faintly.

"Yeah, okay. I unlocked the door now, I'm going back." Hizashi only hummed in response, and the shorter male shuffled back to his bed from the front door. He gently pet behind his cat's ears on his way.

"Only a couple minutes away now. You in bed?" Aizawa was indeed in bed. He had a bit off a mess so he just pushed whatever was on his bed onto the ground.

"Yeah, I am." He smiled, "I love you, you know that right?"

"Of course I do. And I love you, Sho. Now I'm gonna hang up, okay?" There was the sound of a car engine turning off and a car door opening. Then footsteps, "I'm already here, I'll be inside babe." Aizawa hummed and hung up. He set his phone aside on his bedside table and waited patiently.

Not too long after Hizashi walked into his room, his hair in a messy bun in his brightly colored pajamas, his glasses slightly crooked on his face. He flashed a smile as he walked toward the bed, sitting down and setting his work stuff on the beside table.

"Hey." Aizawa said softly, immediately curling up at Hizashi's side, "Sorry I made you come over here."

"You know I never mind it babe." The blond pressed a kiss to Aizawa's head, "But I really should move in, so it's easier for me to be with you."

"One day." He sighed in response, wrapping his arms around Hizashi's waist as he pulled out his laptop and papers. He began to type away, and Aizawa listened to the gentle clicks as he pressed his head to his side. He focused more on his heartbeat and breathing, the occasional vibration in his hums.

Aizawa could feel his eyelids grow heavier as the numbers and words on Hizashi's screen hazier. He was getting sleepy, and he didn't hesitate to succumb to it. As his eyes flutter shut, he felt an arm wrap around him and play with his hair, lulling him into a sleepier state.

"I love you." The black haired male slurred as he was nearing his deep sleep, and he lazily smiled at the chuckle he heard rising from boyfriend's chest.

"I love you too babe.. Now go to sleep." Those gentle words were the last he heard as he drifted off into a deep, well needed sleep.

Words Count: 769 words