Angst!EraserMic (Aizawa x Hizashi) Part 2

"Yamada." Aizawa said quietly, his eyes widening slightly. Hizashi plastered on a grin. Last name bases. He could do one better.

"Eraser. Nice to see you again."

——————

Hizashi could see Aizawa's face form an expression of hurt for a split second before he returned back to his plain, tired one.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice straining slightly. He was holding back a nasty tone. Hizashi would know, he's heard it dozens of times before.

"I came to be a teacher. Thought it'd be nice being in the school I went to- make better memories." Hizashi replied, shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather pants. He could feel the hurt and confusion in his gaze, but nothing was voiced.

He hated that he still loved him. Hizashi brushed past Aizawa, heading the office.

"Excited to be working with you Eraser."

"Likewise." Hizashi looked back at his old friend as he walked away. He noticed his shoulders were more slumped and his head was hung down. He began to walk away too. He continued on his way to head to talk to the principal to apply.

————-

The first few months of teaching were great. Hizashi loved talking to the students and helping them learn even if they weren't all that interested. He always tried his best to hype things up. The downside was he was always paired up with Aizawa.

They had known they were inseparable in high school, and had assumed they still were. But neither one refused to go against it, but wanting to admit the pain it gave them to be so close to one another again.

They were both currently sitting together, grading tests the students had taken. They were quiet, but they shared occasional glances. Aizawa's gazes held more emotion than Hizashi was prepared for. He looked hurt- almost a type of sorrow and sadness. His silver eyes seemed glossy too. The blond didn't bother showing his emotion. Aizawa knew what he did. He didn't deserve to see it too.

Hizashi looked up finally when Aizawa was still, staring at him. He slid off his sunglasses, setting them in the table as he looked back at him with nor emotion evident.

"Yes, Eraser?" The blond sighed, sitting back in his seat, "You want to say something. You know I'll listen."

"Why?" Hizashi rose a brow, confused from the question.

"Why what? Needa be a little more specific on that. Can't read minds, yo."

"Why did we stop talking? Why did we stop trying?" Aizawa stood up, "Did I do something wrong? Almost 10 years that we haven't talked.. what did I do?" Hizashi could feel his anger boiling, standing up himself.

"You have the nerve to ask me what you did? You know very well! You didn't love me. Almost a year we dated, and you didn't love me!" He shouted, angered tears filling his eyes, "I spent so much time and energy on you- I treated you like you were the most special thing on Earth, and you didn't even feel the same." Aizawa was surprised at the sudden outburst, his mouth hung open slightly. Hizashi didn't care, he was finally letting out what had been eating at him, "I loved you so much Shota. You were my reason for the trying so hard everyday. To hear you say that behind my back.."

"'Zashi.." Aizawa stepped towards him.

"No- don't you dare." Hizashi spat, wiping away his tears, "You do not get the luxury of touching me- you don't get the luxury of comforting me anymore. You had that chance." He glared at him, and he could see Aizawa begin to regret everything. Aizawa had never seen him so angry before, he was usually so happy and bubbly. Never had he seen anything else.

Hizashi snatched up hid papers and sunglasses, slipping them back on. He walked out, leaving Aizawa by himself- regret and sadness stabbing at his heart as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"What did I do..?"

Word Count: 655 words