Todoroki x Iida (TodoIida)

// something short and sweet to start with!

Shoto Todoroki was oblivious to many things, everyone knew that. But the one person who may beat him in that aspect may have been Tenya Iida - he took many things seriously and focused more on his studies and becoming a hero than other things. So it was no surprise to the class that they were able to figure out the crushes they both had on each other before even they could.

Tenya was currently helping the male with homework, deciding to have stayed in the classroom while everyone was out for lunch for the silence. Todoroki sat in the desk, following the writing Tenya left on the paper as he showed an example of the problem but he wasn't really focusing. It was strange to feel how hard and quick his heart was beating, his face feeling warmer than usual. He was keenly aware of the presence the blue haired male had behind him, hunched over with his face a few inches away from his ear as he spoke to him.

" understood? " Oh, he spoke.

" oh - um .. not really. " Todoroki mumbled, shaking his head, " I'm sorry Iida, I'm not really focused right now.. " He turned to look at him, willing himself to blush any brighter with how close his face was to his own.

" well, we have been working a while .. I suppose we could use a break. " He flashed a smile and it only made the other's heart beat faster, " what's on your mind then? "

" well, not what's on my mind, necessarily. " Todoroki cleated his throat, pressing his cooler hand against his cheeks in an attempt to cool them down, " I'm just feeling weird. "

" are you ill? I can take you to recovery girl if you need me to. " Tenya was quick to reply, worry taking over his expression, which made Todoroki soften with a faint smile forming.

" no, not sick .. I've just never felt like this before? and it's only around .. you. " he murmured, " I just - my heart starts racing and I can feel my face get hot. I can't focus on anything. " he looked up at Tenya, his own worry evident, " am I sick? "

" not sick. " Tenya reassured, recounting the symptoms in his head. It was exactly like how he felt when he was around the other, and he noted that to him.

" you too then? "

" mhm. "

They were silent for a moment, just staring at one another with their hearts racing and flushed faces as they slowly began to realize - in unison saying,

" I like you. " Tenya gently reached over to take Todoroki's hand, looking at him with a determined expression.

" I can't believe how oblivious I was, it was clear I liked you in that manner .. I hadn't even realized it. " The soft smile that formed on Todoroki's face only made him more flustered, his own smile forming.

" well - I guess we both know how so .. what do you think? "

" would you like to be my boyfriend? "

" absolutely.. " Arms wrapped around one another, finally relaxing as they found comfort in their new partners. That was until they heard a chorus of relieved groans coming from the doorway of the classroom.

" finally! "

Word Count: 526 words