Angst!EraserMic (Aizawa x Hizashi) Final Part

It had been months since Hizashi's outburst, and he had refused to see Aizawa since. Every time they'd be paired up, he switched last minute or ignored him completely. Aizawa didn't think it'd hurt, but it did. Seeing Hizashi so cold and emotionless was not something he was used to, and he didn't like being the reason of it.

Aizawa has barely gotten any sleep since the incident as well. His students could tell. They always asked why his under-eye bags looked darker or why he seemed to be sleeping more often in class or why he was so much slower in training. He shrugged it off as a bad day. But those bad days were quickly turning into weeks and he didn't know how long he could keep this up. He'd have to talk to Hizashi.

Aizawa took his chance after school. Everyone had left, and he knew Hizashi spent time in class before leaving so he could grade papers quickly. The smaller male walked up to the class quietly, his much more tired looking eyes gazing inside. He saw Hizashi hunched over his desk, emotionless as ever. Aizawa sighed and knocked on the door.

Hizashi seemed to lighten up for a split second until he saw who it was. His expression hardened and he looked down at his papers, going back to ignoring him.

"Hizashi.." he noticed the blond tense at that. He lost the luxury of calling him by his first name a long time ago, "Mic.." he tried again, but he didn't relax. It was easy to know why, "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Does it matter what I say?" Hizashi grumbled, a frown on his lips, "You'll stay anyways, even if I said no. You were always stubborn when it comes to getting your way."

"Yeah," Aizawa faintly smiled but wiped it off quickly, "It's important anyways." He walked into the class, closing the door and locking it. Hizashi tensed again, watching him with wary eyes, "Mic, I know things have been tense between us.."

"That's an understatement." Hizashi snorted, his voice harsh.

"You know what I mean." The dark haired male sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Point is, I hate it. You hate it. So why are we even avoiding it now? Let's just make up." Wrong choice of words.

"Make up? Yeah, breaking my heart and playing with my emotions is gonna be fixed just like that." Hizashi snapped, standing up, "Choose your next choice of words carefully, cause they just might be your last, Eraser." It was more of a threat of never talking to him again, but it sounded darker with his tone.

"Right." Aizawa mumbled, suddenly feeling small. Was this the right choice? He looked over Hizashi, now realizing how disheveled he looked. His hair was let down- which he rarely did in public- his eyes looked a little bloodshot and he had started getting bags under his eyes. He decided yes, this was the right choice.

"Hizashi." The blond was visibly biting back an insult, "I miss you. I know I don't deserve a second chance, and that's not what I'm asking of you. I want to talk again. I want to be able to go out with you again and go out for drinks, talk about the students, you can see the kitten you got me- she's clearly grown a lot since then, but she'll still love you nonetheless.." he could feel a lump in his throat, "Just.. Please 'Zashi.. I didn't realize how miserable it'd be without you. I really do miss you.." he could feel the tears falling now, and he knew it hurt Hizashi since his gaze immediately softened.

"No, don't cry Shota-" Aizawa squeezed his eyes shut, sobs racking his body as Hizashi cupped his cheeks. The tears pouring from his eyes as he gripped his arms tightly, digging his nails into them, "Shota, please, don't do that- god, don't hurt yourself like that." He could hear Hizashi's voice cracking, and he was sure he was crying too. He didn't mean to make him cry, but god did he miss him.

Soon they were both on the ground, crying. Aizawa was buried into Hizashi's chest as his arms were wrapped around him. They stayed like that until they stopped crying- which took almost an hour. They'd stop but the second they looked at one another the waterworks would start up again. Once they'd calmed down and wiped away their tears, they stayed curled up against each other, holding hands.

"Did you really miss me so much?" Hizashi asked, his voice a bit raspy from crying out. They were both glad his class was soundproof.

"Yeah.." Aizawa whispered softly, picking at Hizashi's leather jacket. There was another silence.

"I'm willing to give you a second chance." The blond said so quietly Aizawa almost didn't catch it, but when realization hit, he sat up abruptly.

"Wait- really? You will?" He asked, his eyes wide and almost sparkling. His heart nearly melted at seeing the smile he missed oh so much spread over Hizashi's face.

"Yes, really." Hizashi said softly, "But I swear to god if you hurt me again Aizawa-"

"I won't!" Aizawa said quickly, cupping the blond's cheeks into his hands as he gazed up at him. He watched as a blush spread over his cheeks, and he couldn't help but grin, "God I missed you."

"Me too." Hizashi mumbled, kissing his forehead lightly. They both stood, sighing, "Now go, I have to stay even longer thanks to you."

"You don't regret it though." Aizawa chuckled, hugging onto Hizashi's torso.

"Uh-huh." Hizashi snorted, rolling his eyes, "Get offa me- let me do my work."

"Do you still have the keys to my place?"

"Huh?" The taller looked up after he'd taken his seat, raising a brow.

"You still the keys to my place?" Aizawa repeated. He smiled when Hizashi shyly nodded as he looked away with a blush, "Come tonight? I haven't had a good nights rest since I lost you.."

"Okay, okay, fine." Hizashi mumbled, smiling faintly, "Only cause I know you really can't sleep without me." Aizawa nodded quickly and grinned, waving a Hizashi before he left.

On his way home, Aizawa vowed to himself he'd never make Hizashi shed another tear as long as he lived.

Word Count: 1031 words