Chapter 4

It's been about two weeks since I seen Amare. Judy was set to go into labor any day now. So I was beyond stressed the fuck out.

I had the house to myself for a lil minute while the kids was at school.

I lit a blunt and began watching t.v.

So let me catch y'all up on what's been happening these past 3 years. I handed over my father's law firm to my oldest brother because it kept me away from my kids always being at work.

I'm still working there just as a regular lawyer. I'm no longer head of the office.

My kids? Well Royalty has been going to therapy, they have her on bipolar meds, and depression pills so basically she just like her mama. AJ mean as hell as always but he channels his anger on the football field now playing for a little league team.

Amerr just focused on first grade more than anything else. He mostly just talks about Amare all day even though he has little to no memory of her at all.

Ameria that's my spoiled baby.

She's been in and out the hospital but at the moment it's been about 2 months since she haven't been. She was getting homeschooled because of all of it but I enrolled her in public school after her doctors cleared her.

And last but not least Bre'aunna that's my baby. She spends most of her time with me at the office. Everyone loves her there plus she's really good at delivering messages for me. She's grown extremely attached to me but I always let her know Matthew is her father. I would never take that privilege from another man.

As far as Brandon I wanted custody I felt like that was the right thing to do but Bre mother felt otherwise.

Everyone blames me for what happened to Amare and Matthew but I just know she's not dead. I wanted to fly back out there but everyone told me I was delusional and just to let her go so that's what I'm doing.
______________
I was at home with the kids when it was a knock at my door.

I got up and answered it. "Who is it?"

"I got some information on yo lil friend Amare." "How you know her?"

"Open up and I'll tell you." He said laughing.

I grabbed my gun. I opened the door to see it was one of the guys I hired. "Aw shit man wassup." "Wassup so you wanna hear it?"

"Yeah come in."

He walked in and I closed the door. "Kitchen." I told him.

He walked there and I followed.

We sat down. "Ight so wassup?" "Ight so basically we looked at everything from the night they died it's one thing the police didn't tell y'all."

"What was it?"

"A few of the guys and I went into the house and used the light to see if it was blood or anything on the wall. Turns out if Matthew was shot on the bed Amare was the one who got shot on the floor.

It was a trail of blood from the floor to the door with a handprint that's small enough to be hers.

So we figured the police that investigated had to be hired by the people who killed them that'll be the only explanation why they ain't find nobody, didn't do a full investigation, and they only sent 2 officers out for a double homicide."

"So is she dead?"

"I don't know right now but the blood trails show she made it out the house."

"Was any outside?"

"Nah whoever they sent to clean up did a terrible job on the inside but they did good cleaning the outside."