Chapter 31 Part 3

I sat in my hospital bed with my baby girl.

I haven't moved or said anything since I found out. May went back to kill him and now he's dead and so is she.

Memories flooded in my head.

*FlashBack*

"Mare Bear?" May stood in front of my bed. "Yes?" "Movies today?" I laughed.

"We in prison so what movie?"

"I got the TV room on lock and I got some snacks from commentary why not." I smiled. "Sure anything than just sitting in this bunk."

She grabbed my hand and gave me a hug.

My pregnancy was hard without Matthew but with May and the girls I've been a little better.

May was like my prison baby daddy and I loved her for being by my side. We sat down in the tv room and put it on BET.

Tyler Perry always did a marathon on Saturday.

"What's your dreams?" She asked me.

"In life?" She nodded.

"When I get out I just want my babies. After that where ever life takes me that's where I'll go."

"Well let me put it like this. I see you one day as a bad ass baby mama right? Living in a nice ass mansion drinking wine on the porch watching the kids and me pulling up in the driveway."

I laughed.

"Sounds bout right except it'll be Matthew."

She laughed. "It was worth the shot right?" I laughed. "Yeah you tried."

I laughed thinking about our memories.

I looked at Angel and sighed.

"Amare?" August said. "Not yet." I told him. I laid her in her bassinet.

I rolled over and just stared at the news.

They identified another body.

I had to tell Royalty but it wasn't going to be right now. Brandy got in bed with me.

"I know you don't want to talk right now but she's in a better place sis. May knew she was leaving that's why she talked to you the way she did."

"Don't tell her that Brandy." August said.

"Why not?" She asked.

"If you seen her after her best friend's death you would understand why." He responded.

She nodded and laid her head on me.

"Well I love you sister." She said.

I just held her hand. Words couldn't explain my emotions right now.

I've lost 5 kids, my husband, and both my best friends. On top of that my son may not even make it. I lost a whole family that's not even dead.

I got up and grabbed Angel.

I slid my shoes on and went to the NICU.

It's closed after a certain time so only mothers could come. I scanned my card and went in.

It was a lot of other mothers here too.

"Look Angel there's Mayson." I said smiling. I laid her beside him. "Y'all god mommy is gone but she's here in spirit.

So Mayson you know that means you have to fight just a little harder to keep her name alive.

I'm not putting any pressure on you baby boy but I could use you in my life. You're my last baby and you are suppose to be here longer than all of us. I don't want you to leave me."