Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning to get my babies ready for school.

I walked to my room.

"Royalty?" I whispered to her. "Wake up y'all." I said. Royalty has always been a heavy sleeper.

"Fat ma come on." I said shaking her.

She opened her eyes. "Ma'am?" "Come on so I can do your hair for school."

She smiled. "I thought it was a dream."

"What?" "That you was actually here." I smiled. "I'm here baby. Now let's go brush them teeth so we can start on yo hair."

I tapped Ameria.

She looked up. "Momma." She said. "Good morning." I signed.

I was practicing all last night.

She did it back. I smiled and picked her up. Bre doesn't get up until later.

I went into my restroom. Royalty was on her stool at the sink. "Make room for Meria." I said. She nodded.

I put her stool up there and let her climb on.

I joined them. "Make sure y'all wash y'all face." I said and signed.
________________
We was done brushing our teeth and done with our showers.

"What hair products y'all got?" I asked Royalty. She walked off to go get it. I was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Mommy?" I turned to see Meria putting her hearing aids on.

"Ma'am?" "I help?" I nodded.

"Go get yo stool." She ran out to get it. I continued making the eggs.

All of a sudden I felt the need to break down. My urge was back. I tried to drink some water and shove the thought back.

"No Amare." I said.

This being sober shit is hard as fuck to do. I ran to August room.

"August?" I shook him woke

"What?" "I need my meds." He got up. "You okay?" "Yeah I just need some drugs." "No Amare you getting clean dude."

"It hurts August" "Its gone hurt yo kids more when they come home from school to see they drugged out momma on the fucking floor."

August P.O.V
I love this fucking girl and I refuse to let her fall again. I got out of bed grabbing her.

She cried in my arms.

"Don't make your demons stop how far you've came Amare. You are no longer that hurt little girl hiding from her uncle at night or her sister's abusive boyfriends. Your mother isn't here to hurt you anymore.

It's just us now baby all we got is us now okay?"

She just stayed there. "Your uncle is gone, Your rapists are gone, your mother, Omari, Jennifer, you dad, and Matthew are gone we all we got.

If I lose you what imma do baby huh?"

"August you don't understand."

"You think I don't but I do. 7 years clean. I was an alcoholic after my father died I turned to the streets and began drinking hard.

I still smoke my weed but once I met you and realized I had a purpose to keep going and that I've met a person that actually gave a fuck about me to bless me with a child I got my shit together."

"How come I didn't know?"

"Same way you hid you was bipolar and allat other shit is how I hid it."