May's Funeral

It's almost been a week since May died if I'm not at the hospital with Mayson I'm at her house.

I constantly watch our videos and reread our last messages. I told the kids and they took it kind of hard. Royalty stopped eating so we had to rush her to the hospital.

AJ cried and it killed me seeing him cry. He just kept saying she promised him she'll see him in the NFL one day.

Ameria hasn't said much since.

Amerr is just the smile of the family. He's been trying to keep everybody up.

Bre doesn't really understand yet.

She cried but was back to normal after about an hour. I was getting them ready for her funeral. Ion think I can see her like this.

"Y'all load up in the truck!" August told them.

Everybody left except Royalty.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. "I don't wanna go." "Why not?" "I seen Auntie Bre she didn't look the same last time. I don't wanna see May like that too."

I sighed. "Why do everybody that loves us die?"

She asked me. "I don't know baby girl." "First Bre, then Matthew, and now May."

I just held her.

"Royalty we gotta live for them regardless.

They may be gone but we aren't. We have a life that was denied to them so we have to cherish it." She nodded. "Okay."

I kissed her forehead.

"Let me grab your sister so we can go." "Okay you need help?"

"Just get her bag for me."

"Okay." My baby isn't really suppose to be out or me but I couldn't miss this and August's mother is busy. My daddy always at work so you know.

I grabbed her car seat and put my shades on.

We left the house and I put my baby in the car. "You ready?" He asked me.

"No but I gotta be." I told him.

"I love you."

"I love you too." "When we go Imma take the kids in and you going with her family right?"

"Yeah. It's a room we gotta go in."

"Okay baby."

We drove off and I just stared out the window. It was sprinkling.
_______
We pulled up and they got out.

"Hollup give me time." I told August.

He nodded. I just had to breath. Her family also want me to speak on her behalf since she was in prison most of her life.

I had to prepare myself.

I finally got out and locked the doors.

They had us in red and black just like she liked. I seen her momma.

She never had a great bond with her considering she let May get raped but she loved her mama and talked about all the good memories.

I walked over. "Amare baby."

She pulled me into a hug.

"Hey mama." "Hey baby." She said. She shook her head. "When was the last time you slept?"

"Not since I heard she left." I said.

"Oh baby." She hugged me again. "Now you know May wouldn't like that." I laughed.