Chapter 19

I picked AJ up from football practice. "Where pops?" He asked getting in.

"Dang no hey mama nothing."

He laughed.

"Hey mama." "Hey baby. Yo daddy had a meeting at work so I came to get you."

"He's been busy a lot lately."

"Yeah he's trying to help momma." "Help you do what?" "Put the bad guys away that hurt me."

"Like my dad?"

I sighed.

"That's not your dad AJ." "I know momma August is but I do have his DNA flowing through me."

"Yeah but that blood doesn't make you family baby it's who was there when you had no one that brings you closer together."

"Well yeah. Do you think because I have his DNA that I'm capable of doing to others what he did to you?"

"No. August just because y'all have the same DNA doesn't make you sick like him. Now if you ever was to do that August I would personally help the girl get you locked up son or not."

"I get it cause I would do the same."

I nodded. "Don't ever think you'll become like him AJ you are your own person okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

"So um how was practice?" I said changing the subject. "It's was good mama. Imma go to the NFL one day and imma get you a real big house."

"Oh shit nah my son gone go big. You gotta get me a car to match." I said laughing.

"Yep and imma make sure you have so much happiness you'll explode." I smiled. "AJ you are my happiness." "For real?"

"Yep when I have a bad day I sit and wait for you to come home and make me laugh.

Even though you curse a lot to do it."

He laughed.

"That be daddy always cursing around us." I laughed. "Let me tell ya some. I can't tell you not to curse cause I did it too but don't I repeat don't ever disrespect another adult I don't care if it is Judy never call another adult anything but their name okay?"

He nodded.

"You know why I not like Judy?"

"Why?" "She try to hard to be mommy."

"What you mean?"

"She used to tell us bad things about you to make herself look good. She had royalty but the rest of us ain't fall for it. I knew you was coming back mommy."

"Look AJ Imma always come back okay? Daddy gone have a lot of people that try to tell y'all different but fuck em. Yes I messed up a lot and I'm sorry AJ but I love my kids y'all the reason I'm here today."

"I love you more mommy."

"Impossible." I said.

He smiled. "I have a mother son breakfast coming up are you coming mommy?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I kissed his temple.

He just sat back and rode. I will never lie to my kids regardless of what it is.

When they fuck up in life they'll know it's okay and can come back to fix it later as long as they don't give up. I pulled up at his daddy house.

"You coming in?"

"Nana there I gotta go meet yo dad."

"Can I go with you?" "Sure baby. Go run yo stuff in the house and take a quick shower."