Chapter 2

-

"Name?"

"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

You look up at the male sitting across from you. His soulless eyes stare right back at you. He slouches in his chair as his brunette hair flops carelessly onto his face. The bright orange jumpsuit fits perfectly onto his structured body making it seem as if the outfit was tailor-made for him. 

You have sat in front of many criminals before. Rapist, murderers, thieves, abusers, you've seen it all. However, this particular boy was nothing like you've ever seen. 

He didn't look at you with pleading eyes. He didn't try charm you with his looks. He didn't even beg you to save him. He just simply sat there, staring back at you with an unreadable expression. 

"Okay, Mr Jeon," you start, testing how his surname felt on your lips. "Can you inform me, with precise details, how and why you killed your parents."

Jungkook sighs, his irises rising up to penetrate into your own. "Ms Kim," he starts, his jaw slightly clenching before he spoke. "I didn't kill them," he says with simplicity. The words escaping past his lips in such an elegant manner that it made you almost believe him. Almost. 

You mentally scoff. This was almost like a routine to you. You ask the perpetrator a question and they answer with a lie. So keeping this in mind, you say something to the boy that you tell almost all your clients.

"Mr Jeon, let me tell you something," you start. "If you lie to a doctor, you end up buried six feet underground," this seems to catch the boy's attention as his unreadable gaze changes into one of slight confusion. You slightly smirk before continuing. "And if you lie to a Lawyer, you end up hanging six feet in the air. Either way, lying will just end your life." 

You stare at the boy, neither one of you breaking eye contact . "So please, go ahead and tell me the truth, I'm here to help you, not to judge you." 

You were expecting the kind of reaction most of your clients gave; A sigh of defeat followed by a ramble of the truth.  Of course, being threatened with death made even the strongest man crumble. Well that didn't seem to be the case for the male in front of you, who carelessly leaned back in his chair with a bored look. 

Jungkook exhaled as if he was tired. "If you don't believe what I'm saying is the truth, then you can go ahead and leave."

You roll your eyes, "Mr Jeon, you were with them in the hotel room on the day of the murder, the pieces of hair found around the murder scene matched your own hair and on top of that, there are many rumours on how much you hated your parents. It's kind of hard for me, let alone the entire nation, to believe you are telling the truth." 

You keep staring at the boy, ferocity depicting from your eyes. "You brutally murdered your parents, face reality, Jeon, there is no point in lying to me." 

Jungkook looks down. For the first time in that five-hour long meeting, you are able to see emotions in his face. 

Sadness. 

And to this you mentally smiled, thinking, aha, I've finally cracked him. 

But Jeon Jungkook is a peculiar man. Unlike any man you've met, so when he softly says, 

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, you can leave,"  

you are astound. A man in death row asking his lawyer, the only chance of life he has left, to simply leave.