Chapter 22

"May I start off this final trial?"

-

The Judge eyes the girl weirdly before reluctantly nodding. "Okay Ms Chan, go ahead, start off the trial."

The girl subtly smirks as she struts over to the small podium. 

"Well, the reason I wanted to start the trial today is simply because, after I show everyone the evidence I found, I don't think it is necessary for the opposing team to further argue." 

The judge raises his eyebrow at the cocky statement. "Well alright Ms Kim, we will see that after you show the evidence."

Ava nods before walking up to a computer and pressing play. 

A video is suddenly projected onto the white wall causing everyone to stare at it curiously. 

Without a single word, she plays the video, lips curling into a mocking smile as she does so. 

A video of someone walking in the hallway pops up, it doesn't take long for people to notice that this 'someone' was actually Jungkook. The boy has blood on his hands as he looks around nervously. Ava then stops the video, before zooming into the boy's face. "This, as all of you can see, is clearly Jeon Jungkook." 

"This security camera has caught him exiting his hotel room on the day of the murder, with blood on his hand. This was directly after the estimated time of the murder. Jungkook had stated he hadn't exited his room to find his parents until an hour after the murder. So clearly he was lying. Jungkook is the murderer and now we have video evidence for it. I rest my case." Ava smiles over at the Judge who stares at her plainly. 

Whispers erupt through the quiet room as some send piercing glares directed at Jungkook. 

"Ms Chan, how come no one had found such a major piece of evidence earlier? The investigators checked the security footage throughout the whole hotel several amounts of times, how did you find this?" 

"Well actually, I sent some of my investigators do find more evidence, they were checking the security cameras when they realised the security system was hacked. We decoded the system and retrieved this." 

The judge simply nods before looking over at you. "Ms Kim? Do you have any objections?"

Ava looks over at you as well, her sickening smile widening upon meeting your eyes. You stare at her blankly before letting a cunning smirk slip past your own lips. This causes the smile on the ravenette to drop as she stares at you. 

"Your Honour, I claim that that evidence is fabricated." 

The whole room gasps. You can see the colour drain out of Ava as you speak.

"And do you have any evidence to prove that claim?" The judge questions calmly. 

You simply nod before walking up to a computer. You open up an audio file and press play.

"How did you fabricate the phone call though? Don't they directly play it from the police station."

"Not necessarily. All I did was edit the sound, I added effects to make him sound more frantic, added some few things, cut some parts out, and voila, the perfect proof. Except, was it really proof?"

"Are you planning on fabricating anything else?" 

"...Actually, yeah, if I don't win this trial, I have a little twist up my sleeve. It's a video of Jungkook running out the hotel room with blood on his hands."