Chapter 18

But it isn't just any helicopter.

It is a police helicopter. 

-

"Jungkook, get down," you yelp before abruptly pushing the boy towards a dark corner. 

The two of you stumble into an uncomfortable position but that doesn't register in your head, the only thing you can think about right now is the infamous sound of the chopper up above. 

You squint your eyes shut, begging your heartbeat to settle. You are surrounded by darkness, the weird air vent next you is providing you with the 'camouflage' you need. But the question is, is it enough? What if they spot you? What if they land here? Your heartbeat increases upon noticing the open space of the rooftop. Perfect for a helicopter to land on. 

Images of you forced into handcuffs while being escorted away by authoritative figures rupture your brain causing you to wince. Your head feels fuzzy, you can feel Jungkook's body tense, but you aren't exactly sure where the boy is. 

This moment feels like a reality check. It wakes you up from your washed down reality of who Jungkook is. Jungkook is a criminal. Even though you know, from the bottom of your heart, that he isn't evil, that he is innocent, the whole world doesn't seem to think so. To you, he is Jungkook, the boy who has a gentle bunny smile, the boy who makes silly jokes, hates losing and is absolutely horrible at taking in alcohol. But to everyone else, he is Jungkook, the heartless boy who mercilessly murdered his parents in cold blood.

And in that moment, blinded by the silent darkness that is engulfing you, you come to a realisation. 

You didn't just want to win this case to get Jungkook out of jail, no. You wanted to win this case to prove to the world that Jungkook is innocent. You wanted to show them that he is, Jeon Jungkook, the boy whose parents got murdered, not Jeon Jungkook, the boy that murdered his parents. A victim, not a perpetrator. 

And you don't even realise how lost in thought you are until the silence of the night settles into your brain. So silent. Not a single sound. 

No more helicopters. 

Exhale. The frost laced breath that slides past your lips is a token of your relief, signalling the overbearing weight that eases off your chest. "They didn't see us," you inform, sounding breathless.

Jungkook doesn't respond, merely nods. "W-we weren't caught, thank god," you stutter as a small smile flutters across your lips. You are so focused on the relief of not being caught that you don't seem to take into account the rather suggestive position the two of you are in. 

You are straddling Jungkook, as he lays flat on the cold floor. Your knees are placed on either side of his waist as your hands rest on his chest. It seems that due to the rush of pure panic and adrenaline, you fell into this position and you still haven't really registered it in your head. "Oh my god, w-we didn't get caught!" You state excitedly, slightly bouncing in joy. 

Jungkook's breath hitches. "Y-yeah," he mutters, voice sounding rather hoarse. 

Jungkook feels hot, despite the blistering slap of the 4 degrees weather, he feels so hot.  His mouth goes dry and his body turns tense. How could he not react this way? When you just sat there, on top of him, ruthlessly moving around, oblivious to the effect it has on him. 

"I can't believe we did this today, It was so random," you say while gripping onto his hoodie. Jungkook hums, tuning out your rambling and focusing on the one thing he can't seem to get his mind off.