Chapter 14

Warning: Contains violence and abuse

"That a good Christian boy like Hoseok, would commit such a gravely sin like suicide."

-

Jungkook quirks his eyebrow questioningly. "What are you implying?"

You look at the boy with a glint in your eyes,

"What if Jung Hoseok didn't kill himself..."

"But his body was-"

"What if he was murdered."

And as those words slide past your lips, the sky roars with thunder. Was it a roar of rage, a yelp of fear? Or a cheer of victory?

Jungkook bites his bottom lip anxiously as he ponders over your words.

"And if he was to be murdered, why do I get the feeling that it would be related to your parent's murder."

Jungkook looks at you hesitantly, "are you saying that the person who killed my parents also killed Hoseok."

You stare at the boy as rain crashes down and lightning blossoms across the sky. You stare at him wordlessly, the silence of the lonely graveyard dampening the tense atmosphere.

"I'm not saying anything," you say with a sly smile. "Nothing at all."

~

The flawless strands of raven hair sway along with her hips as she elegantly strides across the room. Her eyes are set on the door in front of her and without missing a beat, she enters the office-room.

Namjoon sits at his desk, glasses perched on his nose as he types away on his keyboard. Upon hearing the door open and shut, he glances up from his work, only for his warm brown orbs to clash with coal.

"Ms Chan?" The man questions, his eyebrow raised slightly to accompany his curious expression.

The said girl walks up to him, her hands fiddling with her fingers, lips being chewed on by her gorgeous white teeth. "H-hi Mr Kim, may I please talk to you."

Namjoon inspects the girl, her shoulders are hunched and she looks afraid, his demeanour softens upon noticing how fearful she was.

"Yes, go ahead," he replies in a gentle voice.

"Well, y-you see, I was wondering if you h-had any details on the case, I-I didn't go to Jeju to investigate so I wouldn't really know..." she trails off.

Namjoon tilts his head in a questioning manner before pushing his glasses off and placing them on his desk. "Ms Chan-"

"Oh please, call me Ava," the ravenette speaks in an almost sultry voice.

Namjoon is taken aback but shakes off his thoughts, he must be hearing things. "Uh- as I was saying, Ava, all evidence for the case would have been provided to you in the files, those are all from the recent Jeju investigation."

The girl pouts, pink lips jutting out to form a cute gesture. "Aw."

"Yeah..." Namjoon states awkwardly.

"But..." Ava says while getting up and moving closer to Namjoon, her hips swaying slightly as she approaches him. "I'm sure you have some extra information."

Namjoon looks up confusedly at the girl, who was now standing in front of him.

"There must be more to it." The girl kneels down, her cleavage slightly exposed as her intoxicating perfume lingers into the man's nostrils. "Some extra bits and pieces that no-one else knows."