Chapter 19

😬Make sure you read till the very end of this chapter. 😬

"Jimin," Jungkook cuts him off.

Jimin tilts his head, ears awaiting the question the seems to have Jungkook on edge.

"Whose side are you on?" 

-

"Huh," the blond scrunches his brows, head tilting in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Jungkook bites his lips as he closes his eyes, he lets out a ragged breath before speaking. 

"I saw you...last night."

-

Jungkook shivered as the wind brushed past him, his bright orange jumpsuit barely providing him with the warmth he craved. His brunette locks danced with the breeze as he glanced around the bustling streets. He took in the sight of people, chatting away as they roamed around, hand-in-hand, feet stepping in sync, lips curled into gentle smiles as they spoke. A sense of happiness seemed to wander around the city, the vibrant lights only adding to the joyful atmosphere. 

Jungkook shuffled his weight from one leg to another, his observant eyes scanning the unfamiliar faces. He took in the beauty of the world, one he used to neglect and turn a blind eye to, but now he could only wish to stay here forever. It was much better than being caged up like a wild animal. As his eyes continued to glance from person to person and his thoughts churned into a blissful daydream, he spotted a familiar face. 

His blond locks glimmered under the street lights as he walked merrily. He had a bounce to his step, he giggled joyously while eyeing the ravenette next to him. The girl spoke, her voice monotone yet seemingly deep in conversation. She looked over at the blonde and started laughing, Jimin started laughing along with her, hand gripping his stomach before smiling over at her. 

The pair walked off as Jungkook hid behind the alley. His eyes were wide as he watched their backs, his stomach churning at the sight. Jimin and Ava, walking hand-in-hand.  

-

"Come on Chubs, stop looking so gloomy, it's supposed to be a special day." 

You glance over at your sister, forcing a fake smile before looking back down. How could you smile, how could you pretend to be okay, when today was the day your dad will officially get replaced. 

Your mother's wedding day. 

You look over at  Minjoon and your mum, hand in hand as they state their vows. It made you want to scream, to think that that was once your dad up there with her. You didn't hate Minjoon, in fact, he was quite a likeable guy. But there is a difference between someone being likeable and someone being a father figure. No one could replace your father. It made you angry at yourself, at the world. Why could you not forget about the man who just left you without a single goodbye? 

But deep inside you know why. You still loved him, still missed him, still wish he would cradle you in his big warm arms when you cried. 

Without him, you were left to be independent, to grow up feeling vulnerable because there was no one to protect you anymore. 

He was the shield that fought you through the battlefield. When your shield broke, you had to sharpen your sword, but you got a few scars while doing so.