Chapter 24

Warning: This chapter mentions violence and abuse.

-

You both settle into your luxurious plane seat, indulging in the feeling of comfort that comes as a benefit of flying first class.  You just won a multi-million dollar case. Of course, you're going to treat yourself. 

The air hostess announces that departure is about to commence and instructs everyone to put on their seatbelt. You slide on the belt with ease before melting back into the leather chair. 

The rumbling of the plane sends shivers down your spine as you close your eyes. You hated flying, more specifically, you hated take off. Ever since you were young, you would get a whole lot of anxiety before take off, now that you're older, you have the fear seemingly under control, however, Jungkook still manages to notice the wary expression you desperately try not to show. 

"You okay?" he asks with a small frown. You nod stiffly, forcing out a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just not the biggest fan of take off."

Jungkook nods thoughtfully before speaking once again. "I was meaning to ask, but who was that guy from yesterday?"

You look over at him before sighing. You stare at Jungkook for a few seconds before finally speaking. Your voice is heavy as you talk, the underlying tone of anger and regret says more things than the words that escape your mouth. 

"He...he is my ex," you start. Already, from just that one sentence, you notice how Jungkook's form has become tense. "I had met him in the strip club when I was on my weekly shift, he offered to buy me a drink and I accepted. We kinda hit it off and he asked me out. Like all couples, we had our honeymoon phase. He bought me things and helped me with money so me being the naive little girl I was, thought I was in love with him. I turned a blind eye to all his bad actions, he was an alcoholic, a druggie but worse of all, he was a sex-addict. He started asking to have s-sex from just the third date, despite me being underage at that time. But who was I to judge, I was a goddamn stripper. I d-denied his r-request because I was afraid, but that's when he- when he..." you pause to look up at Jungkook. 

The brunette has a furious glint in his eyes and his fist are clenched. "What did he do?" he demands in a low voice.  You look down, the words stuck in your throat. Jungkook notices your hesitance and lowers his guard, face softening as he gently grips onto your hand. "What did he do?" he asks in a softer voice. 

You take a deep breath before continuing. 

"He t-tried to force himself onto me. I-I refused but then he got mad and s-started g-geting violent. Every time I denied having sex with him, he-he would g-get violent." You unconsciously tug on your sleeves, as if to cover the bruises that no longer exist. "At first, it was just a slap or a push b-but then, over time it got worst. He beat me, cut my hair, whipped me with b-belts and then there was the verbal abuse. He would call me a slut for being a stripper a-and then call me a prude for not having sex. Eventually, I got out of the relationship, he was furious when I told him I was leaving, but what was he to do. Hurt me more?" You exhale and close your eyes as Jungkook's warm hand places on top of yours.  

Jungkook stays silent but you can feel the fury that escapes him from how he's fidgeting ever so slightly. 

"That felt good," you finally speak up. The boy looks at you curiously, 'what did?"

"Talking about...about that. This is the first time I properly told someone what happened. I told Jisoo very little details of the situation, but other than that, you are the first person to know what really happened. Jungkook smiles, "well, thank you for telling me."