Chapter 9

-

Park Yeonjin is Jimin's father. 

~

You jump off your bed before grabbing your jacket and stalking towards your car. 

"Honey, you just came back from Jeju, where are you off to now?" your mum asks as you open the door. You send her an apologetic look before muttering, "work" and walking off. 

The drive to your office feels like a whole hour, but in reality, it only takes a few minutes. You enter your office with a calm expression, trying to hide the absolute shock and confusion that was begging to creep onto your face. You notice Taehyung typing away at his laptop before he looks up at you. 

The boy sends you a big boxy grin upon seeing you. "Y/N! You're back!" he states before scrambling off his chair and running up to you. You laugh as you hug the boy, your tense shoulders slightly relaxing as you do so. 

"How was it?" Taehyung asks cheerfully. 

You plaster on a fake grin, "It's was great!" 

Taehyung nods before opening his mouth to speak. 

"Actually, Taehyung -um- Namjoon told me to tell you to go meet him." 

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. "Oh, is that so? Why didn't he just call the office?"

You merely shrug in response. 

Taehyung looks confused but still walks out the office whilst mumbling a quick, "I'll be back." 

You watch as the boy leaves through the door. As soon as the mop of red hair is out of sight, you dart towards Jimin's desk. 

Your hand moves quickly as you scramble through his things. You push away random documents as you try to think of the document that you had accidentally seen which had the name on it. 

You read through the files with a confused expression. "Huh?"

You keep reading before realisation hits you. You groan loudly.

"TAEEE!" you scream.

"What?" the boy stops frantically typing away at his laptop and peeps from behind his desk, the soft morning sunlight caressing his rosy cheeks as he does so.

"You gave me the wrong files you dumbass, these belong to the midget."

Your eyes light up when a familiar file grazes your fingertips. 

You open it eagerly and scan through it. It was a birth certificate. All employees had to keep one with them to use as identification. 

Name: Park Jimin

D.O.B: 13 October 1995 9:32 AM

Place of Birth: Busan District Hospital, Busan, South Korea

Gender: Male 

Name of Biological Mother: Park Mi-Jeong 

Name of Biological Father: Park Yeonjin 

Your eyes widen as you stare at the name. Could it possibly be the same Park Yeonjin that was enemies with Jungkook's parents?

You keep reading the file.

Main source of family income: Father's occupation~ CEO of Swasonsis Cars. Higher End  Salary income. 

You let out a shaky breath upon reading the words. Your doubts were confirmed. Park Jimin is the son of the Jeon's biggest rival. You couldn't help but wonder, could Jimin possibly have anything to do with the murder? An ominous feeling settles in your gut and it sends shivers down your spine.