Chapter 15

-

Jungkook stares at the girl. She has shoulder length hair and was quite tall. Her posture was poised and she strode across the room in such an elegant manner, it was breathtaking. 

She reminds Jungkook of you. The confidence she radiated, the dominance, the power. Except her eyes were different from yours. Your eyes held warmth. They held morals, values and respect. But her eyes were cold, lifeless. They were lacking the aspect of morals and instead had a sinister vibe lurking around them. Her eyes were hidden behind a deceiving mask. A mask that even the devil would fall for. Yet somehow, Jungkook wasn't fooled, he could see right through that plastic smile of hers.

"Hi."
Jungkook didn't notice you enter the courtroom so he is a little taken back by your sudden greeting.

"Oh, hi," he says while awkwardly waving. 

"You ready?" You ask while taking a seat next to him.

Jungkook chuckles, " it's not me who's speaking."

At that, you roll your eyes. "Yeah, but it's you who could get hung if I mess up."

Jungkook breathes out a ragged breath, reality slapping him hard as you words process through his brain. "Good luck," he whispers.

You smile weakly. "Thanks, I'm...I'm gonna need it."

~

"Ms Kim, would you like to start today's trial?"

You smile at the Judge before standing up, your actions lacking hesitation. 

"Yes, your honour."

You look over at the ravenette across the room and your eyes catch on to her smug smile. 

You take a deep breath before speaking.

 "Many claims have been made on how my client, Jungkook, is the murderer because he was the only one that was in the room with the victims at the time of the murder.  'There was no way to access the room without entering through the front door', today I will prove how this claim is wrong."

"The room the victims were staying in was directly under the rooftop. This piece of evidence might seem unimportant but it actually holds a lot of significance."

The jury raises their eyebrows, ears perking up in curiosity. 

"The rooftop is accessible through the flight of stairs, and funnily enough, these 21 flights of stairs don't have a single security camera. Not only that, the entire backside of the hotel doesn't have a single security camera. Anyone who knows this information can easily get away with sneaking up to the rooftop. From the rooftop, it is only a few meters distance from the window of the room the victims were staying in. With even just a rope with a hook on it, someone could have easily made it into the room, killed them, and left with minimal trace and security footage."

The judge pushes his glasses up his nose before looking up at you, "so Ms Kim, what you are saying is that someone entered the Jeons' room from the window by climbing onto the rooftop and then using some sort of the rope to enter?" 

You nod affirmatively. "Exactly."

The judge nods before writing down some notes. "Ms Chan, any objections."

Ava looks up at you with a sweet smile. Something about the smile made your stomach churn. 

"Yes, your honour."

The ravenette stands up from her seat, her undeniably straight posture intimidating onlookers. 

"I also considered the fact that someone could have climbed through the window so I got someone to go investigate that area more. We tested fingerprint evidence, asked the surrounding hotel rooms if they had seen anything suspicious and lastly had done a few experiments with the windows."